Author Topic: Ancestry DNA results  (Read 8250 times)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry DNA results
« Reply #27 on: Friday 22 May 15 10:56 BST (UK) »

Don't worry ftDNA are a very reliable company but like all companies there are sometimes clichés

Weste - glad you are making progress, stick with it

There is light at the end of the tunnel

Take it one day at a time

Patience is its own reward

Glitches happen to the best of us  ;D

Sorry DavidFt  :)
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 22 May 15 10:59 BST (UK) »
My you are quick off the mark today dgibbin  ;D

I must have been correcting it as you posted

Still it seems oddly appropriate that I make a mistake when we are talking about mistakes  ;)
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 22 May 15 12:23 BST (UK) »
Well they sent me a customer survey anyway. So i wait with bated breath as they say! What i will do is use ancestry for the other two people to be tested and then transfer the results to ftdna. Ancestry have offered 25% off at the moment but that does n't include shipping. For 2 family finder kits it came to £ 178. Mom wants to get on with it and while sister in laws agreed to it , i'm eager to get on. My sister in law has the same maiden name and we would be interested if there are any links as they are in similar areas but as the surname is westwood it may be multiple origins. My brother and sister in law we kept in the reg office whilst the staff phoned london to see if they were related before the wedding was booked. So far can't see anything linking. I have said it may not show a link even if related. I'm interested in watch matches come up in common.

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 22 May 15 12:26 BST (UK) »
I went to school with a Westwood

Any links to SA Weste?
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 22 May 15 16:53 BST (UK) »
I take it you mean south aus? I have some cousins who went out as adults. One became a prison officer. I think he's first name is maurice but prefers jonathan. 2 other cousins came back. I know maurice and his wife have kids. Don't know where exactly ,its something like burra burra. Don't quote me on that though. His brother would tell me.

Anyway on another note, got me password and me results!!! From ftdna

European 98 % middle east 2%

subdivided western and central europe 51 % , Scaninavia 28 %, British isles 19% and middle east 2%.
I've crunched ancestrys results into ged match and await to see what happens and then will try the latest results in to it.  There were 2 of 100% matches in 2-4 cousins, one 99 % and 1 of 95 %. I recognise the 95 % surname from my paternal great grandmothers surname side but it seems to match with another name , perhaps its the nearest of the match. Anyway need to study more. There's a lot of scottih as well as american. I think wdytya show did a show up there. By the way the 95% is rowley regis which is about 15 mins away and there's a birmingam one and i live in baggie land. So i think the matches do look realistic in ftdna but i think i ight have seen one of them in ancestry. You get that many names you can't concentrate.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 23 May 15 16:28 BST (UK) »
It looks like i've got a match with my westwood paternal  line in 5-8 cousins range moderate. There's a couple of obadiah's in bilston and my lot came from bilston. It goes back to 1720 with his father john.I got back as far as 1791 if i remember right as i could n't be sure of an 1828 married until i realised they had about 6 kids which died quite young and the first surviving into adult hood was born in 1841. Did n't helpf with great greatgrandfather birth name appearing to be called henry but had a brother thomas who died and great  grand father being out by a couple years on the marriage cert appearing younger than his wife and also later known as thomas henry.  1 Also i found a great wyrley match by using the filters but private tree with an administrator and have tried a few obvious surnames but have n't come up with the right one yet! I think there's possibly at least another match for great wyrley but in what surname as its a private tree.

Offline Janmlawson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 23 May 15 16:29 BST (UK) »
I had mine done by Ancestry 85% Brit, 11% Irish (no idea where that came from) the rest is Scandinavia and other Viking areas. I thought it was very interesting and I am so glad I did it.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 23 May 15 18:21 BST (UK) »
I'm glad i've done mine, one i think has gone back a couple of generations but need to do that paper trail although i know bilston and i've got a match in a tree to some one born in great wyrley and one in  bloxwich which i can relate they were moderate, good ones with ancestry. The ethicinity one was just slightly different. I'm awaiting gedmatch crunching now.

Offline cyanda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 24 May 15 15:15 BST (UK) »
im so jealous  :o i must get one done
cyanda