Author Topic: Dyers of Buckerell (completed)  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Craftyp

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dyers of Buckerell (completed)
« on: Wednesday 29 April 15 08:31 BST (UK) »
According to a tree on Ancestry there is a William Dyer marrying an Elizabeth Lee 1829 in Buckerell Devon.  I do know this couple end up in Middlesex.  I haven't found them on the 1841 census in Buckerell so I am assuming that they moved away before then. Can anybody help in looking to see if they had any children after 1829 and before 1841 in Buckerell. There is a Richard Dyer born about 1852 in Middlesex the son of William born Buckerell and Elizabeth born Honiton and he becomes a bricklayer. I have a gt grandfather John William Dyer who I am totally stuck with born in Devon ending up in London Kent and Surrey areas and he was also a bricklayer. Both Richard and Johns children have similar names so I am wondering if there could be a connection plus there is also Maple Road Penge mentioned where my gt grandparents lived and William and Elizabeth lived. I know John was born about 1843 but if William and Elizabeth had children before him I may  be able to trace where they were on the 1841 census via these other children which could help me look for a birth of John in that area. I could be barking completely up the wrong tree but it is another angle to try.

Hope this makes sense.

CraftyP

Offline Devon Maid

• RootsChat Member
  • Barbican, Plymouth, Devon
    • View Profile
Re: Dyers of Buckerell
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 10:13 BST (UK) »
I found on Findmypast a William and Elizabeth Dyer in Buckerell in 1841 They had three daughters Thomasin, Eliza and Sarah. Ref:- HO107,Piece number 230,Book number   2, Folio number   7, Page number   9

William is an Ag Labourer.
Census information Crown Copyright, from ww.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stoneman, Pawley, Wiliams, Giles

Offline Craftyp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 15:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that Devon Maid.  This doesn't come up on Ancestry, only one book comes up 'District 8' and I have been through every page. Would you mind giving me the ages please. I do know it is correct with William being a ag. labourer. I will try on the 1851 census via the daughters and see if that helps. I couldn't find William And Elizabeth on the 1851 but sometimes if you put the children's names in that works. This is one of the frustrating areas of my tree (about 10yrs) amongst others which we very often come across.

Once again thank you

CraftyP

Offline Craftyp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 15:37 BST (UK) »
Devon Maid
It doesn't matter about you giving me the ages as I have found the family on the 1851 census and John doesn't appear to be there.

CraftyP