Author Topic: Brück Rhineland Germany records  (Read 1377 times)

Offline bolts99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brück Rhineland Germany records
« on: Wednesday 29 April 15 20:04 BST (UK) »
I am trying to locate a Stephen Krebsbach born August 1847 in Brück, Rhineland, Germany. His father is Peter Krebsbach possibly born 1817. I had a couple of people find the village he was born in since Stephen's wife was born in Essen Germany. Her name is Gertrude Breilman born in 1844.  Trying to find out if he was actually born in Brück or not. I contacted that village and they told me they have no record of that family. I have checked the neighboring village of Ahrbrück and that family is not there either. They were catholic. The person I talked to from the Brück area said they were of another religion. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Brück Rhineland Germany records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 May 15 18:32 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat

Originally going to ask if you had located an obituary for Stephen (passed away 28 July 28 1931
Lawrence  Nuckolls County Nebraska) which might have helped but I see an entry on FIND A GRAVE which shows the obituary from the Nelson Gazette, Thursday, August 13, 1931; pg. 2

Will post for background info.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=KR&GSpartial=1&GSbyrel=all&GSst=31&GScntry=4&GSsr=2521&GRid=39171602&

http://www.englishlass.com/p380.htm

google.de

https://www.google.de/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline bolts99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 May 15 18:46 BST (UK) »
Yes I know about the Findagrave post. I am the one who put it up there and the obit as well. I know about the Englishlass website as well. But both don't list where he was born at in Prussia.  I had a couple of contacts that don't work in the archives,  in Germany that have told me he was born in Bruck. I am trying to pinpoint if he was.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 May 15 19:31 BST (UK) »
Terrific - my psychic powers didn't tell me it was you who put it there  ;)

You could add the surnames that interest you to the Surname Interests Index

Scroll down to the bottom of (any RootsChat) page.

In the dark box, under "Your Tools" you will see "Surname Interests".

Click on that - then "Quick Search"  - then select the initial letter ("?").

Scroll down to find ??? -  click on that and a list of ???? researchers will pop up.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kimminaub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 March 17 00:47 BST (UK) »
I'm also descended from Stephan Krebsbach and Gertrude Breilman, who emigrated from Rhineland-Palatinate to the USA and settled in Lawrence, Nebraska. I believe I found some helpful information today. On MyHeritage, it looks like a couple of German family trees include Stephen, born in 1847, in Brucktal, Germany. His parents were Christian Krebsbach and Anna Weber. Per Wijipedia, the village originally bore the name Brück. I'll continue to look for information on Gertrude's family of origin. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

Offline bolts99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 March 17 00:55 BST (UK) »
How again are you related to them again? Their son Fred is my great grandfather and his son Aloys is my grandfather.  I already have information on Gertrude Brielman. Her family came from Essen or Altenessen. I have the information for them.

Offline kimminaub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 March 17 01:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, Stephen and Gertrude's daughter Barbara was my great-grandmother, and her daughter Clara Schutte was my paternal grandmother. My name is Rebecca (Becky) Kimminau.

Barbara married Stephen Schutte, and my grandmother Clara married Theodore Kimminau.

I have a public family tree on Ancestry.com called, predictably enough,  'Kimminau Family Tree'. I use MyHeritage for free at my local library in Hastings, Nebraska. I understand it is provided to libraries by the State of Nebraska.

I would greatly appreciate any information you would be willing to share on Gertrude. I have spent a lot of time over the last few months looking, but have not found anything. I am new to RootsChat. Is there any way I can send my email address to you only? Thanks so much!

Offline bolts99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 27 March 17 01:27 BST (UK) »
Of course now that rings a bell. Yes we can correspond.

Offline bolts99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 27 March 17 01:34 BST (UK) »
I sent you a private message. I hope you got it.