Author Topic: Rph leisure site Basford, in the early 1800s  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Stainforth

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rph leisure site Basford, in the early 1800s
« on: Wednesday 29 April 15 22:03 BST (UK) »
Random question, but does anyone know what used to be around the site of RPH leisure in basford in the early to mid 1800's? A lot of my descendants are from the area and today I have visited for the first time with my toddler who started saying some bizarre things and wanted to go swimming 'up there' (the direction of RPH leisure) despite us never having been to the area before and him not being able to read the signposts. It got me thinking about reincarnation and ghosts, and I have been unable to stop thinking about it! I am usually of sound mind!  ???  I have googled but so far only found that St Leodegarious church is 1mile away, a lot of my descendants were married and christened there. I was hoping to see if the leisure centre site may hold any significance in my family's past.
Stainforth - Sheffield, Hucknall Torkard, Chesterfield
Wilkinson - Sheffield, Wolverhampton
Northall - Sheffield, Tipton
Harding - Rotherham, Atherstone, Lidgley, Mancetter
Hutchinson - Rotherham, Greasborough
Atherley - Atherstone
Rogers - Tipton
Allen - Hucknall Torkard
Burton - Hucknall Torkard
Lee - Sheffield
Stacey - Sheffield
Hibberd - Sheffield

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley