Author Topic: Richard Todd born 1767 in Bulmer and his mother Deborah  (Read 1571 times)

Offline katlady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Todd born 1767 in Bulmer and his mother Deborah
« on: Thursday 30 April 15 02:04 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

Hoping to find out what happened to my relative Richard Todd. He was born in 1767 in Bulmer Yorkshire to Deborah Todd.  Deborah Todd was born in Terrington in 1743 but moved at some point to Bulmer, possibly when her parents George and Dinah, and brother George also moved to that area.
Have no other record of him or his mother after his birth. Any help would be appreciated, Katlady

Offline Bobs lass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Todd born 1767 in Bulmer and his mother Deborah
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 May 15 18:07 BST (UK) »
The Todds at Bulmer aren't easy because there were two Todd families in Bulmer and its environs around the same time - at least, there were two Mary Todds who both married there in 1760. One married John Cockshutt 10 April 1760, the other married William Sollitt on 2 December 1760. The Cockshutts had a daughter Dinah; the Sollitts had a son William.
Dinah Cockshutt married William Sollitt at Bulmer in 1787 - they are my 4Xgt grandparents, making both Mary Todds my 5Xgt grandmother. I think Mrs Cockshutt was a child of George Todd & Dinah Blenkhorn and therefore aunt of your relation Richard. I can't say with any certainty where either of my Mary Todds were baptised.

Offline venelow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Todd born 1767 in Bulmer and his mother Deborah
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 May 15 16:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Katlady

Richard Todd was buried at Bulmer on July 16th 1767.

No sign of Deborah at Bulmer although there were later Todds named Debby and Deborah.

Venelow