Author Topic: watkins family Ludlow and Garston  (Read 2986 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
watkins family Ludlow and Garston
« on: Friday 01 May 15 07:44 BST (UK) »
Good Morning
these are the details I have been given by a member of my wifes family - to me - they look to be very dodgy indeed - so if anyone has time could they please have a check and try and find the mother of these children - the birth dates don't look right to me ( ie 5 years gap etc )
FATHER Thomas Watkins - mother unknown
Alice Watkins born 1885 Ludlow
Margaret Watkins b 1890 Ludlow
Lillie Watkins b 1893 Ludlow
Annie Watkins b 1894 Ludlow
William Watkins b 1899 Garston ,Liverpool
Thomas Watkins b 1900 Garston,Liverpool
Leonard Watkins born c 1905 Garston
Olive Watkins b 30th April 1907 Garston - my wifes Grandmother
Jane Watkins born c 1908 Garston
I am now going on freebmd to get the exact birth years of Leonard and Jane ( whom I remember well )
in the meantime if anyone can have a look at this familytree and either confirm the births - or find holes in it like I suspect,I would be very grateful
cheers
Garstonite
 :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: watkins family Ludlow and Garston
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 May 15 07:51 BST (UK) »
Jane was born 1906 Garston
can't find Leonard at all - makes me wonder whether his first name was Leonard or it was his middle name ??...I knew him as Lenny ..
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 May 15 08:02 BST (UK) »
There is a Robert Leonard Watkins, son of Thomas and Mary Jane Watkins of 12 Hughes Street, Garston (Dock Labourer) privately baptised at St Michael, Garston - born 9 September, baptised 30 November 1905.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 May 15 08:11 BST (UK) »
There is a Robert Leonard Watkins, son of Thomas and Mary Jane Watkins of 12 Hughes Street, Garston (Dock Labourer) privately baptised at St Michael, Garston - born 9 September, baptised 30 November 1905.

thanks Bumbleb ...that is him - mother Mary Jane -Olive Watkins baptised 25th July 1909 -mother Mary Jane
so now at least we have the mothers name ....now to look for a marriage in Ludlow for Thomas Watkins -Mary Jane

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 May 15 08:27 BST (UK) »
Thia can now be marked as COMPLETED - Mary Jane Husk Lloyd was the mother and the births of most are wrong - but I have them all on familysearch

thanks for your help....

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 May 15 08:44 BST (UK) »
Strange that Thomas Watkins was married as Thomas Watkins Preece - does that give a clue as to his parentage?  :-\

I also hope that you are going to double-check the familysearch entries  :o :-X
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 01 May 15 08:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks BumbleB - any submitted records will have a question mark next to them - Midred Mary Watkins is also part of this family
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NXTC-3LC
if I have the right family - Thomas Watkins is with brothers John Watkins and Henry Watkins with their father Thomas Watkins - in the census ....but - was he born Thomas Preece ???
but that is another thread
have to sort out all the children / batisms / places of birth for Thomas and Mary Jane first
big thanks again