Author Topic: GAYNOR  (Read 9355 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: GAYNOR
« Reply #18 on: Monday 04 May 15 10:44 BST (UK) »
The tree also shows Elizabeth marrying Thomas Keogh. She died in SA also.

Shows that Elizabeth Keough ( as census) is her daughter - born 1899, Inchicore.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 04 May 15 11:17 BST (UK) »
Variants of name:

Keogh/Kehoe/Keough & probably others  ???  ;D

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 04 May 15 11:44 BST (UK) »
hello all,

many thanks for your replies, I've been searching for over two years and have only just thought about posting in Lancashire, we live and learn.

as the Irish 1891 census was destroyed there is no record yet as to what happened to the girls between 1881 and 1901. I had no idea about Maria Agnes but Inchicore and White are definitely associated so she is one of the missing children.

other posts indicate the breakdown of the (surviving?) 4boys & 4girls, taking into account Maria Agnes, that leaves one more to be discovered.

there is now doubt that there were 5 boys and 5 girls so it could be 6 & 4 girls to boys, as yet we have no idea who died. the Irish 1911 census states 10 born 7 living and we now have 9 names.

Keough/Keogh is associated and Elizabeth & John's marriage looks promising and family in Dublin will investigate further.
Kilmainham is Dublin South (where my wife's family hail from, the Grandparents etc being associated with Inchicore, railway cottages) but marriage in Dublin North would not be unusual (it just meant having to cross the Liffey, not a pleasant experience when the tide was out!).

I am very grateful for all your assistance with this post and look forward to cracking the puzzle with more of your help.

for now

Tony 
uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.
scotland: mcavoy

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 04 May 15 12:01 BST (UK) »
The source of the Maria Agnes Gaynor record is Irish Genealogy ie church records.

Blue

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 04 May 15 12:16 BST (UK) »
hi folk,

I've moved the date goalposts to between post 1871 GG'fathers marriage to 1885, George's birth in Ireland.

with the addition of Christina (couldn't see the wood for the trees) and Maria Agnes this gives me 6 girls and 4 boys so I am back looking for the 3 who died and they may not necessarily have been infant deaths!

James (Grandfather) William (Married in Cork 1903) and Thomas (living with GGfather in 1911 and present at death of Grandfather James in 1930 are accounted for to those particular time frames.

George and none of the girls have surfaced yet (Elizabeth may be the exception)so its off to Dublin record office for marriages and deaths.

all the best for now.

Tony

uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 04 May 15 13:30 BST (UK) »
Free BMD has a death for Mary Agnes Gaynor, 1874 Prescot which would tie in with the place of birth for Catherine.

Free BMD 1883
Winifred Gaynor born September quarter and died December quarter.
Burial record has address as 18 Romeo Street.

I think that's more than 10 children  ???

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 04 May 15 18:05 BST (UK) »
thanks Heywood,

there is no Winifred mentioned anywhere down the line so that tends to put a spanner in the works for now.

Tony

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 04 May 15 18:21 BST (UK) »
thanks Heywood,

there is no Winifred mentioned anywhere down the line so that tends to put a spanner in the works for now.

Tony

She was at their address. Were there any Gaynor relatives in Liverpool?

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 04 May 15 22:07 BST (UK) »
hello again folk,

Heywood, I am not aware of any family in Liverpool before GGfather James arrival, all info so far coming from family back home stems from James Jnr onwards.

the breakdown thus far is as follows:

James marries Mary Ann Garrett 1871.

they appear on the 1881 UK census with 4 daughters.

they re-appear on the 1901 Irish census with 4 sons (George, William, James and Thomas) and 1 other daughter. this census indicates that William and James are born in the UK. the address is 1 Liffey St.

the Irish 1911 census shows James, Mary and Thomas still living at 1 Liffey St.

in 1910 James Jnr marries, his address is also 1 Liffey St. his marriage and wife and subsequent children are documented (including my wife's father, one of his children).

in 1930 James Jnr dies, Thomas is present at the death, the address is still Liffey St. albeit a different house number (documents I read in Dublin indicate that James Snr. owned and rented a number of properties in Liffey St.).

James Jnr and his wife are buried in the family grave with my wife's parents so there is a definite link.

the Sarah Long noted on the 1881 UK census could indicate a connection with the Mary Jane Long mentioned!!!

its late now and I'm gazing at a lonely bottle of wine in the kitchen, hmmm.

all the best for now

Tony