Author Topic: 69th Field Regiment, Royal Artillery  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Proudson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
69th Field Regiment, Royal Artillery
« on: Sunday 03 May 15 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy

I have just joined this web site today and have been reading your posts on the 65th Anti Tank Regiment(Norfolk Yeomanry). My father served in the 65th A.T. regiment throughout the war from December 1939 to cessation of hostilities in Europe in 1945.

He was awarded the Military Medal in the middle east in 1941 for an action at Halfaya Pass and then the bar to MM for an action at Syke, Germany in 1945.

A few years before he died in 1995 he recorded both his peace time and war time exploits and family history on cassette tapes and I have had these digitised and am now listening to them and summarising them  - fascinating life!

I went to the National Records Office at Kew a couple of years after he died and I have got copies of the recommendations for the medals which give details of his actions.

I see on your post that you offer to supply copies of the regimental diaries and I would be grateful if you could contact me to arrange this if at all possible please any I will obviously cover any relevant charges. I have read the web copy of the regiments time in Holland which is fascinating.

Following advice on previous posts I will also be applying for my fathers personal record from the MOD.

Many thanks in advance and in anticipation of your help.

Regards

John

Offline Drew5233

• RootsChat Veteran
  • How Many Hours in Spits?
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 69th Field Regiment, Royal Artillery
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 May 15 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi John

I've sent you a private message

Regards
Andy

Offline Proudson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 69th Field Regiment, Royal Artillery
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 May 15 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy

Thanks for the personal message and what you have put in it sounds great. Unfortunately for some reason, presumably with being a new member as of only yesterday, this site will not let me send or reply to private messages.

I would like to take your kind offer up re the diaries and perhaps once I have received my father's service record I will then be able to let you have a copy of this to enable you to focus your research and copying of further records.

Any advice on how I progress being able to send personal messages would be appreciated.

Regards

John

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: 69th Field Regiment, Royal Artillery
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 May 15 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hi John , welcome to RootsChat  :)

Personal Messages(PM's) -
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Proudson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 69th Field Regiment, Royal Artillery
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 May 15 11:54 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Ev for your guidance.

regards

John