Author Topic: Yeates/Yeats/Yates in Winterslow and Bourne valley  (Read 3346 times)

Offline rowdy123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Yeates/Yeats/Yates in Winterslow and Bourne valley
« on: Wednesday 06 May 15 01:06 BST (UK) »
Researching the genealogy of Yeates/Yeats/Yates lines in Winterslow - believed to have earlier links with Yeates/Yeats/Yates in various Parishes along the Bourne valley (Newton Tony, Idmiston etc) and Stratford-Sub-Castle dating back to the 16th century (based solely on Parish registers). Interested in sharing info with any other researchers.   

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Yeates/Yeats/Yates in Winterslow and Bourne valley
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 09:21 BST (UK) »
Hi rowdy. My ex-wifes side has Yates connections

To private message (PM) you must have 3 posts. Reply to this one to have 2 and then reply in another thread then PM me

I have William Yates/Jane London marriage in Winterbourne Dauntsey and info from Australian emigrations, I also have John Yates m Sophia Viney father of William

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline rowdy123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have some info on the parents of the John Yates (m Sophia Viney) - John Yeates (1728-1785) m Elizabeth Hall (1731-1816) at Winterbourne Earls 27 Feb 1750

John and Elizabeth had 4 children that survived infancy:
Rose (1752- ?)
William (1757-1833)
James (1771-1802)
John (1773-1834) = your John (m Sophia Viney)

There were 2 previous children chr John (in 1754 and 1767) but both died in infancy

I have some info on the family of The William Yates that emigrated to Aus - from a previous contact. I believe he was a shepherd and one of the first settlers in the Barossa valley.

regards

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 11:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks rowdy. I have been chasing various parents of John and hadn't settled on any that ''smelt'' right. Some online trees have a 15 yr old as Johns parents  ;D

He was one of the first settlers in the area later known as Angaston. He resided at Rocky Valley and died at Yates Pass. (according to SA Biographies)

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Scott, Cronin

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 May 15 13:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Rowdy

Do you have any info on Phebe Yeats who married John Mussell ?

I have a marriage in 1780 but I have 2 options for her birth and parents.

Now these are both family trees so to be taken with a pinch of salt..but they give some direction.

1 in Jan 1762 to John Yates and Elizabeth Hall ( which if correct means her granddaughter Jane London married her grandnephew? or John Yates grandson William )  :-\

1 in May 1762 to John Yates and Mary Johnson

Could you point me in the direction you believe they are?

Thanks  :)

Scott, Cronin

Offline rowdy123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 13 May 15 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi, I believe Phebe's parents were John Yates (1728-1785) and Elizabeth Hall (1713-1816?) who married 27  Feb 1750 at Winterbourne Earls. According to the Parish register of Winterbourne Earls they had about 13 children, many of whom survived into adulthood. Phebe was christened 8 Jan 1762 at Winterbourne Earls and here parents are listed as John and Elizabeth Yatts. I don't have any record of the children of Phebe and John Mussel. In the marriage record John is recorded as coming from Kings Sombourne). I didn't make a record of the parents of Jane London, who was christened on the 18th April 1813 at Winterbourne Dauntsey. 

Regards

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 May 15 14:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you

The info I have is that Phebe married John Mussell in 1780 and had Mary Mussel b 10.11.1782in Laverstock. Mary married William London 8.10.1804 in Laverstock and they had at least 5 children with Jane born in 1813 ( and thank you for supplying a date ) *** her christening date is 199 years before her 7th x granddaughter birth date?

Jane London married William Yates ( grandson of John and Elizabeth) and they emigrated to Australia with Sarah Ann Yates becoming the link to my ex wifes family  :)

Scott, Cronin