Author Topic: Edwared Bowbrick  (Read 2042 times)

Offline BRUCE123

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edwared Bowbrick
« on: Wednesday 06 May 15 14:29 BST (UK) »
Hi  :) I am looking for any info on Edward Bowbrick born in Twickenham England.
I have a possible 2 Edwards both from Twickenham the 1794 wife Sarah lived in England from 1851. the other Edward bapt: sep 1786 Twickenham  this is the Edward I contributed the Canada army records too. record covering  3 April to 24 June 1812. 25 sept to 24 march 1812. the 1st 53rd and the 33 of foot? I have found. any info on any Bowbrick of the 1800 in Canada would be great help! Thank you. all the best Bruce.
Ireland co don-  moville   Morrison
Scotland  Morrison
England  Bowbricks, Boubrick, bobbrick, Bobrick.  George 
wales. Evans- Jones

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edwared Bowbrick
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 16:59 BST (UK) »
Those army records are interesting. It looks like he enlisted with the  33rd Regiment on 3 April 1809 and went to India with that regiment in July 1810, then when the 33rd was due to return to Europe in January 1812 he and many others transferred to 1st Battalion 53rd Regiment which was staying in India.  That battalion remained in India until 1823.

As I read the register pages he was aged 22 on transfer to 53rd regiment in Madras in January 1812 so would have been born around 1790.

In my experience those so-called "Canada" military records do not necessarily indicate that the soldier in question was ever posted to Canada. 
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 23:06 BST (UK) »
It is possible they are the same person. Census aren't exactly the best source for ages.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline BRUCE123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 May 15 09:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacquie  :) Thank you for the input! I am thinking! Just wanted to say thank you. :) I will come back to you. all the best Bruce.
Scotland  Morrison
wales. Evans- Jones

Offline BRUCE123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 May 15 10:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacquie  :)
"those so-called Canada military records do not necessarily indicate that the soldier in question was ever posted to Canada." I have not to date found any Bowbrick in Canada! but your comment above made me think about my other family "Morrison" who settled in Canada and were in the Canada military. Back to  Bowbrick I agree with you to your reading of the military records and I do think it is the same Edward. Is there a (join up) sign up Canada military records on line?
all the best Bruce.

Scotland  Morrison
wales. Evans- Jones

Offline BRUCE123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 May 15 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacquie ;) sorry' I have found Bowbricks in Canada, I don't know what I was thinking. ??? sorry. all the best Bruce. :)
Scotland  Morrison
wales. Evans- Jones