Author Topic: George Coggin born 1837 Swinton  (Read 4922 times)

Offline skala

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Coggin born 1837 Swinton
« Reply #18 on: Monday 20 November 17 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Man U I don't have a birth cert for Mary Ann but her baptism is available on Family Search and she is baptised as Marrianne Richardson at Wentworth Feb 22nd 1846.Her birth is on FREE BMD as Mary Ann registered March 1846 under Rotherham vol 22 page 534.
John Richardson married Ann Heptinstall 18/8/1845 at Wath Upon Dearne Parish Church.(An area of Rotherham not far from Wentworth)This is shown again on FREE BMD Rotherham  Sept 1845 VOL 22 PAGE 394.I think confusion arises with the spelling of Ann's surname ,Heptinstall,Heptonstall Hepinstall etc.On the marriage cert it is shown as Hepelstone both for her and the father's name even though she signs Heptinstall.I do have a copy of the marriage cert if you would like this I can send to you.Best Wishes Skala

Offline skala

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 November 17 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Man U hope you got my E-mail with the copies am sending you a copy of the only photo I have of Sevilla and William.Would love copies of any photos you have of the early family All the Best Skala

Offline Mitsi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 22 June 21 18:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Skala and Man U, are either of you still around?  I am a distant relative through the Richardson line and came across Mary Ann Richardson when she was 15 and recorded as being with my branch of the Richardsons in the 1861 census.  I started to find out who she was and it just got more and more interesting especially her relationship and children with George Coggin.  I have a question about one of Mary Ann's sons, Charles Coggin, bapt 1878.  I have him living with his sister Savilla and her husband Walter Lee in 1911 in Droylsden and then there is a death record for a Charles Coggin in 1916 also in Droylsden.  I am hoping someone might be able to confirm whether this is the same Charles?

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 15 July 21 10:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Mitsi
Its a very long time since I have been on this site and did not realise the number of posts on Charles Coggin - I can confirm that Charles b1876 - died 1961 did live at 15 St Andrews Ave Droylsden when Savilla and Walter passed away their daughter Amy and husband Frank took over the house - I visited there many times as I lived in the same street back in the 50's
I have another Charles born 1840 but no death date he could have died 1916 but no research done on him yet (son of Joseph Coggin and Sarah Coggin nee Giles)
regards Manu

Offline Mitsi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 15 July 21 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi ManU, thank you for your reply which raises a few more questions for me.  I was contacted by someone in Canada who was after information regarding a Charles Coggin born abt 1876 who had emigrated to Canada about 1912 and lived with their family for many years although not a relative.  This Charles Coggin had died in 1968 aged 92 in Canada.  So I was just trying to confirm where and when Charles Coggin the son of Mary Ann Richardson had died, which I thought was 1916 but which you advise was 1961.  Did he die in Droylsden?  It is incredible to think you have memories of the house and presumably Amy and Frank.  I'm hoping I might some day find someone with memories of my actual Richardson ancestors.
Regards Val