Author Topic: Marjory Sheach (1918-1990) Died -Dufftown (Other assoicated names Fox/Cooper)  (Read 8290 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Marjory Sheach (1918-1990) Died -Dufftown (Other assoicated names Fox/Cooper)
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 May 15 21:40 BST (UK) »
Marjory Fox married Alexander Sheach in 1974 Manchester
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Marjory Sheach (1918-1990) Died -Dufftown (Other assoicated names Fox/Cooper)
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 May 15 21:44 BST (UK) »
it says her mothers surname is 'not permissible' ??

All that means is that her mother's name isn't in the online index because the death was less than 50 years ago. It will be on the certificate and in the in-house index, just not online.

(I'd quite like to see the certificate myself, just to see how the registrar coped with listing so many husbands' names!)

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 May 15 21:50 BST (UK) »
All the following were in Lancashire

She was born as Marjory Cooper in 1918
She married George Stanley Bowyer in 1940 and they had a child in 1943 - name cannot be published here

Can't find a death for George so possible divorce

She then married George Fox in 1947

Then Alexander Sheach in 1974 who I suspect is your Scottish connection as there is no birth in England/Wales for that name
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Scotsquinne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 09 May 15 21:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks people, thats me got some kind of order now!

Born 1918 - Cooper
1st Marriage 1940 - Bowyer
2nd Marriage 1947 - Fox, whom she had a son with who died in 1970 in Wales
Buried with a 'Shaw' who also died in 1970 in Wales
3rd Marriage 1974 - Sheach

Shaw & McGillivray (Daviot & Dunlichity, Dores, Inverness & Nairn)
McTavish (Inverness-shire)

Offline Scotsquinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 09 May 15 21:57 BST (UK) »
All the following were in Lancashire

She was born as Marjory Cooper in 1918
She married George Stanley Bowyer in 1940 and they had a child in 1943 - name cannot be published here

Can't find a death for George so possible divorce

She then married George Fox in 1947

Then Alexander Sheach in 1974 who I suspect is your Scottish connection as there is no birth in England/Wales for that name

Thanks Carole, my other post crossed with yours.  Didnt know about the child with Bowyer.  Her son Ronald Fox died in 1970 aged 16.  She is buried with 'my Shaw connection' who from what we've dug up, I dont think she married?? Strange that her son Ronald Fox, and her are buried with a Shaw man that so far I cant find how/where the connection is??  She cant be his sister either.  Hmmm hope I can solve this one ;-)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 May 15 22:00 BST (UK) »
I will take a guess that her parents were Joseph Cooper and Ethel H Thomas who married June qtr 1917 in Salford - her death cert will tell you if that's correct

The marriage was at Christ Church Salford but all of Marjory's marriages were Registry office/Registrar attended so can't be looked up in parish records - you would have to buy the certs

Offline Scotsquinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 May 15 22:09 BST (UK) »
I will take a guess that her parents were Joseph Cooper and Ethel H Thomas who married June qtr 1917 in Salford - her death cert will tell you if that's correct

The marriage was at Christ Church Salford but all of Marjory's marriages were Registry office/Registrar attended so can't be looked up in parish records - you would have to buy the certs

Her son was born in Cheshire, and obviously she was born in England too....  Makes me wonder why the gravestone for 3 of them is in Moy, Inverness.  That is indeed where my Shaw relation was from, so makes sense for him to be there, but strange that her son is there too?  Perhaps I will try and track down her other son, althought with various marriages it may be a delicate subject. Thanks again.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 09 May 15 22:27 BST (UK) »
Scotlands People are showing one death for an Alexander Sheach between 1974 and 1990 but that assumes he pre-deceased Marjory - only her death cert will tell you whether he did as there are 2 other Alexander Sheach deaths between 1990-2000

If Marjory died as Sheach - then she didn't marry Shaw.  One thing to remember is that a gravestone is just a memorial and a link to the persons buried.  That is probably why her son is mentioned. 

Perhaps I will try and track down her other son,

I can only see 2 births and the first was female

Offline Scotsquinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 09 May 15 22:34 BST (UK) »
Scotlands People are showing one death for an Alexander Sheach between 1974 and 1990 but that assumes he pre-deceased Marjory - only her death cert will tell you whether he did as there are 2 other Alexander Sheach deaths between 1990-2000

If Marjory died as Sheach - then she didn't marry Shaw.  One thing to remember is that a gravestone is just a memorial and a link to the persons buried.  That is probably why her son is mentioned. 

Perhaps I will try and track down her other son,

I can only see 2 births and the first was female

Ah yes, misread the previous post mentioning the first child, it was obviously a daughter.  Yes agree with the point about the stone too....  Could be just a memorial to her son, altho his name is on first and next mentioned is my Donald Shaw, who altho he died in Wales 1970, had his ashes interred at Moy.