Author Topic: Looking for information on the names Newbie, Robertson, Gibson and Kirkpatrick  (Read 1913 times)

Offline issykirkpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
All have connection to Terregles, Dumfries from 1800s - 1970s any info, hints, tips, story's greatly recieved.

Thanks
Issy

ps All deceased

Omitting first names, Newbie Robertson married Gibson Kirkpatrick. From Bowhouse and Manse Road, Terregles.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Issy, if I can give you some tips that may help you get some meaningful responses....

Start with some key family groups. Add some names, dates and key events for the family groups. This always helps people in identifying and connecting to their family groups.

You mention dates up to 1970s. Make sure that any names mentioned are only for people confirmed deceased. RC can only support research and discussion on people who are no longer alive, to protect living people's identities and privacy  :)

Hope you make connections  ;)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BevStimpson

• RootsChat Member
  • This photo is my Gran, Ethel Jackson aged 17 yrs
    • View Profile
Hi Issy

I am descended from Agnes Kirkpatrick born 21 Oct 1792 in Closeburn, Dumfries-shire, Scotland, she died in October 1890 30, King Street, Carlisle, Cumberland, England her parents are Alexander Kirkpatrick (1760 – ?) and Mary Graham both from Dumfries.
She married Matthew Diamond and together they had 9 children all in Dumfries, before the family moved to Carlisle.

Is this a branch of the Kirkpatricks you are researching?
Bev
BARLOW, BEARD, BRIDGWOOD. BROOMHEAD. BROTHERDALE, CLARKE, CRESSWELL. DIAMOND, DRAIN, GRAHAM, HALL, HEUCHAN, HOGDANE, HULL, JACKSON, KIRKPATRICK, LITTLE, McLELLAN, McTURK, MORRIS, NEEDS, OWEN, PARSONS, PRICE, PUGH, RATHBONE, ROBINSON, SCRUTON, SHAW, STAFFORD, TAYLOR, WATSON, WEIR, WILLIAMSON

Offline issykirkpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello Bev
Thanks for taking the time to reply. My relatives (Kirkpatrick) seem to be more around the Terregles , Kirkgunzeon, Logan and West Cost area's of Scotland. I've got as far back as early 1800s but had to leave it there for a bit just been to busy. Hope to get back to it soon though it's a great hobby full of twists and turns.

Thanks again for your time and good luck with your searches.

issy