Author Topic: John William Holden  (Read 5046 times)

Offline benhc123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John William Holden
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 May 15 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

I posted this in the chat, but thought I would post here so others can see what I found and if that can help them find more or what they think.

I started on the 1901 census entry we found for Lavinia and her brothers and looked at her eldest son. He is listed John C, but looking at the image it looked more like John O. I looked at the birth records and there is a John Owen Holden b- dec qtr 1899 Plymouth 5b 252. If you look on the 1911 census you will find John Owen Holden with his aunt and uncle. 1911 census look ups aren't allowed but you should be able to find it.

That leads to the 1901 entry of a John and Clara Aukland. She is listed as 29 born in St Peter at Arches, Lincolnshire, England. (Piece 4475 Folio 27 Page 3) This then leads to a marriage entry of a 23 year old Clara Holden aged 23 marrying in 1895 St Martin, Lincoln to a John Auckland. Father is listed as a John William.

Armed with fathers name, age and birthplace it leads to this 1881 census entry: (Piece 3244 Folio:98 Page:37)
John Wm. Holden 32, wife Eliza 32 and children Clara 8, JOHN WM 5, Liley 3 & Herbert H.

Cheers,
Holly.

Thanks for this. I'm not totally sure but I'll investigate.

Offline benhc123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John William Holden
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 May 15 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

I posted this in the chat, but thought I would post here so others can see what I found and if that can help them find more or what they think.

I started on the 1901 census entry we found for Lavinia and her brothers and looked at her eldest son. He is listed John C, but looking at the image it looked more like John O. I looked at the birth records and there is a John Owen Holden b- dec qtr 1899 Plymouth 5b 252. If you look on the 1911 census you will find John Owen Holden with his aunt and uncle. 1911 census look ups aren't allowed but you should be able to find it.

That leads to the 1901 entry of a John and Clara Aukland. She is listed as 29 born in St Peter at Arches, Lincolnshire, England. (Piece 4475 Folio 27 Page 3) This then leads to a marriage entry of a 23 year old Clara Holden aged 23 marrying in 1895 St Martin, Lincoln to a John Auckland. Father is listed as a John William.

Armed with fathers name, age and birthplace it leads to this 1881 census entry: (Piece 3244 Folio:98 Page:37)
John Wm. Holden 32, wife Eliza 32 and children Clara 8, JOHN WM 5, Liley 3 & Herbert H.

Cheers,
Holly.

Thanks for this. I'm not totally sure but I'll investigate.

This looks good.
Thanks.