Author Topic: James McCallister, Mary McGloughlin  (Read 2085 times)

Offline jordaneschaefer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James McCallister, Mary McGloughlin
« on: Sunday 10 May 15 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am researching my boyfriends ancestry and have been able to trace him back to James McCallister, born abt 1720 in Ireland. He married Mary McGloughlin, also born abt 1720 in Ireland, on 20 jan 1747 in Pennsylvania. They had 8 children together: john, james, thomas, richard, garrett, edward, hannah, mary. They were all born in either virginia or west virginia. (i have seen the records switch the states but keep the county name the same.) I do not know when James and Mary moved to America, where they may have lived in Ireland, or their parents names. I am more interested in tracing the McCallister line further back to get a direct ancestor line for my boyfriend. I live in America and the trail has run dry here with what information I can find. I am hoping someone may also be a descendant of the McCallister line somehow and has more information such as James' parents names and anything else that would be helpful in tracing my boyfriends direct line back further.

He has always been told that they are Scottish, so I am hoping to trace his family back to Scotland to either confirm or deny that for him.

Any information anyone may have on this line that they can provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks, Jordan.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James McCallister, Mary McGloughlin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 May 15 20:46 BST (UK) »
http://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/

This link provides some general information on the surname including variants.