Author Topic: Le Bideau  (Read 5446 times)

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Le Bideau
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You are right in saying that I can't see Guernsey BMD's so I've just been looking for a death of Harold.

Unfortunately, despite search up until at least 1960, I can't see anything.

However, not all bad news. If you haven'e got the death details of Eugenie Marie Louise Bideau I can confirm she died 8th May 1950 at the General Hospital (cancer of the cervix) aged 54 years 4 months. She was the husband of Charles Henry Thomas.

Stewart

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Nettle62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Le Bideau
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 February 16 00:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Stewart, Harold died in Guernsey only a couple of years ago.

My main mystery is my mums older brother (illegitimate) born in London 1921 (I have his birth certificate) while his mother worked as a cook, she later (1925) had Freda who was given up for adoption at the age of 2, to an Alderney couple.  Eugenie kept George, he was in the Jersey Militia (I have his papers) they were evacuated from Jersey just before the occupation, they spent the war on the Isle of Wight, with the Hampshire regiment.  I know he died of TB just after the war, but I have not found a record of his death in any searches on Ancestry, so I am assuming he went home after the war.

Thank you for the information on Eugenie.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.