Author Topic: Le Bideau  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Nettle62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Le Bideau
« on: Monday 11 May 15 06:26 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me please?

My mother's family name was Le Bideau.  Her mother was Eugenie Marie and she was born in Jersey.  They moved to Alderney for a while.  She married Charles Thomas and they lived in Jersey.

Previous to her marriage she had a daughter (1923) I believe registered as Eugenie M Le Bideau, she was adopted and took the new family's name, but I don't know what that is.  She was known to me as Aunty Freda.  She married Harold De Bertrand in 1948.  If someone can look up her marriage record and see what name she was using before her marriage it would be very helpful please.

My grandmother also had a son before her marriage. Her marriage was around 1926 I think. Her sons name was Francois but he was known as Frank.  He died during the war from TB.

Either birth record of Frank or Eugenie would be interesting to see if a father is mentioned.

My Aunty Freda is still alive but unwilling to discuss the family who gave her up (although my mum had always kept in contact with her, so she wasn't totally cut off) all other relatives are sadly dead.

Thanks in anticipation.

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Le Bideau
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 May 15 08:08 BST (UK) »
Frank Bideau's WW1 record would give his exact year of birth, he would be your best bet to find the father.

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline Nettle62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 October 15 05:31 BST (UK) »
Update....

I had a lot of my information wrong.  My uncles name was not Frank.  He was known as George, but his birth record was Anthony George Bideau.  I found his attestation papers with Jersey Militia, which gave me his birth date.  I have ordered a copy of his birth certificate to see if a father is mentioned.

Sadly my Aunt Freda died earlier this year, so I won't be able to share this information with her.

Offline bankhall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 January 16 00:59 GMT (UK) »
Update....

I had a lot of my information wrong.  My uncles name was not Frank.  He was known as George, but his birth record was Anthony George Bideau.  I found his attestation papers with Jersey Militia, which gave me his birth date.  I have ordered a copy of his birth certificate to see if a father is mentioned.

Sadly my Aunt Freda died earlier this year, so I won't be able to share this information with her.

hi is that annette ???? i have now found a photo of him

Offline Nettle62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 January 16 04:21 GMT (UK) »
Yes this is Annette.  Where did you find the picture? Can you email me a copy please?

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 February 16 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I've only just seen you request for help and have to admit found it a little confusing.

However, at the Jersey Archive there is a Registration card of Eugenie Marie Thomas, née Bideau, of 1, Woodburne, Patier Road, St Saviour, born 24/01/1896, and Marion M Thomas, registered as child on back of card.

At the same address is a Registration card of Marie Edith Frances Thomas, of 1, Woodburne, Patier Road, St Saviour, born 23/03/1927

Also a Registration Card of Harold Leonard Bertrand, of 7, Rue Verte, St Lawrence, born 03/01/1921

All of these cards contain photos and details and may be of interest.

Stewart

Offline Nettle62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 February 16 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply, my main inquiry was about my mums brother, Anthony George Bideau.  I joined Jersey Heritage Archives and have seen the Registration cards.  Eugenie is my grandmother, Marion is my mother :)  Marie is my aunt.  I also found the attestation papers for Anthony George, which gave me a date and place for his birth and from that I was able to get a copy of his birth certificate.

I was trying to find out if a father was listed, he and his sister Freda were born before their mother married, and their father(s) remain a mystery. 

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 07 February 16 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I can go and look at certificates next week, but can I just confirm that you would like the details of:

marriage of Harold de Bertrand c 1948
birth of Anthony George Bideau c 1926
birth of Eugenie M ??? c 1923

Stewart

Offline Nettle62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 07 February 16 15:25 GMT (UK) »
That would be very kind, thank you.

In order of most interest to me :)

Death of Anthony George Bideau - all I know is he died at the end of the WWII of TB

Birth of Freda Maud Bideau 28th August 1924 not sure if born in Guernsey or Alderney, she may have been registered as Eugenie Maud le Biedeau.  She was adopted at the age of 2 by Freda and Amelia Whitehead - are there adoption records?

Marriage of Harold de Bertrand and Freda - that would be in Guernsey, so I don't know if that would be in Jersey archives?

Thanks again