Author Topic: Le Bideau  (Read 6783 times)

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Le Bideau
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You are right in saying that I can't see Guernsey BMD's so I've just been looking for a death of Harold.

Unfortunately, despite search up until at least 1960, I can't see anything.

However, not all bad news. If you haven'e got the death details of Eugenie Marie Louise Bideau I can confirm she died 8th May 1950 at the General Hospital (cancer of the cervix) aged 54 years 4 months. She was the husband of Charles Henry Thomas.

Stewart

Offline Nettle62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 February 16 00:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Stewart, Harold died in Guernsey only a couple of years ago.

My main mystery is my mums older brother (illegitimate) born in London 1921 (I have his birth certificate) while his mother worked as a cook, she later (1925) had Freda who was given up for adoption at the age of 2, to an Alderney couple.  Eugenie kept George, he was in the Jersey Militia (I have his papers) they were evacuated from Jersey just before the occupation, they spent the war on the Isle of Wight, with the Hampshire regiment.  I know he died of TB just after the war, but I have not found a record of his death in any searches on Ancestry, so I am assuming he went home after the war.

Thank you for the information on Eugenie.

Offline Nettle62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Le Bideau - update
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 May 22 15:08 BST (UK) »
I finally found the death record of Anthony George Bideau.

Jersey Archives found a death notice in the local newspaper.  He died in Glasgow, of TB. He was in Ruchill Fever Hospital, Glasgow.  I would never have guessed he was up there!!  I'm assuming he was there because a relative lived in the area, and was the one who registered his death. 

Since the 1921 census came out, I was hoping to see where his mother Eugenie Marie Le Bideau was living at that time, but alas, I can't find her.  I was able to look up the address on Anthony Georges birth certificate, thinking it was going to be a clue, I thought she was working in service at the time.  But the address turned out to be a YWCA mother and baby home. 

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 May 22 22:18 BST (UK) »
Hi

If you look at the 1921 census and search on just Bideau you will find a Mary Le Bideau born in Guernsey in 1895 but living in St Saviour, Jersey. I haven't looked at the detail of the record.

Also, remember the 1921 Census for Scotland isn't out until later this year.

Stewart

Offline Nettle62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 May 22 01:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you Stewart, yes I have searched with just Bideau and I saw that record.  It is not my grandmother though.  :(

There are so few Bideau's on the census I feel there must be miss-transcriptions because I know there were several Bideau's in Guernsey, and elsewhere.