Author Topic: Brown and smith family lincolnshire  (Read 1735 times)

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brown and smith family lincolnshire
« on: Monday 11 May 15 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hello i'm new to this site and wondered if anyone can help with information on my family please.I'm related to Francis Brown born Laxton 1804 and Rosetta Smith born 1808 Wymondham through their daughter Eliza b 1828 redmile who married a Nathaniel Smith that i don't know anything about , I did wonder if he is the one baptised 1820 Wellingore parents Joshua and Ann Smith.I think Rosetta's parents are William and Charlotte and has a sister Eunice just wondered if she had any more siblings.I'm not sure if Francis parents where William Brown and Johanna Dolton and if he had any siblings.Any help and info would be really appreciated thank you

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Brown and smith family lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 May 15 20:06 BST (UK) »

Not really what you are after, but all I can find is the possible baptism of Johanna Dalton, and the baptism and newspaper report of Nathaniel Smith's birth:

Johanna Dolton, daughter of John Dolton and Johanna, 'travellers commonly called Egyptians'baptised at Farthingstone, Northamptonshire 24th July 1779.

Nathaniel Smith, son of Joshua Smith 'Beggar' and Ann baptised at Wellingore, Lincolnshire on 20th February 1820

24th February 1820  - "At eleven o’clock on the night of the 17th inst. a poor woman of the gipsy tribe was safely delivered of a fine boy in a lane a mile distant from the village of Wellingore, in this county, under scarcely any other covering than the canopy of heaven.  The thermometer that night was ten degrees below freezing point: but notwithstanding the inclemency of the weather then and since (the ground being covered with frost and snow), the mother and child are both doing extremely well in their humble camp."
Bellenger, Sebire, Soubien, Mallandain, Molle, Baudoin - Normandy/London
Deverdun, Bachelier, Hannoteau, Martin, Ledoux, Dumoutier, Lespine, Montenont, Picard, Desmarets - Paris & Picardy/Amsterdam/London
Mourgue, Chambon, Chabot - Languedoc/London

Holohan, Donnelly, McGowan/McGoan - Leitrim, Ireland/Dundee, Scotland/London.

Gordon, Troup, Grant, Watt, McInnes - Aberdeenshire, Scotland/London

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 May 15 10:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the info.

l was looking at my notes and in the 1861 census Nathaniel under Matthew Smith was born 1821 Weleny  Lincs which might be Welby in the 1881 census it says Wilander  Lincs and in the 1891 census it looks like Welindon Lincs. When I looked at his burial at Ecclesfield St Mary's it showed born 1819 died 1894 . I was trying to see if Welby and Wellingore are close by.

I was also wondering if Sidney Smith baptised in 1812 at Wimpole Cambridgeshire parents William and Charlotte Smith a traveling cooper is the one who married a Jane Booth and could he be a sibling of Rosetta Smith.

Find this side of my family so interesting and want to know so much about them. Thanks again for the info

Offline janeo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 May 15 14:33 BST (UK) »
there is a lot of info in the publication ,The Descendants of John and Jemimina Elliott .Vivienne E Halton published by RTFHS Famous Families series .
Smith, Wilson ,Elliot ,Ratchford Burnside ,

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 May 15 15:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you might look at that, I just purchased the Woodfine Smith , Viney Boswell , Thomas and Elizabeth Gray and the Clayton and Booth books .

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 16:35 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone could please tell me who the parents are to Alice and Charlotte Smith sisters who had children to Elijah Boswell and the parents of John Smith who married Martha Sheriff and Sophia Smith who married John Charlotte . Would be grateful for any info

Offline gela

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 03 March 16 14:21 GMT (UK) »
come across a baptism for a william smith b cambridgeshire wisbech st peter 3rd sept 1773 mother eleanor smith illegitimate . Just wondered if perhaps it could be William Smith that married Charlotte Allen perhaps he could be brother of john and sophia smith. Also come across a baptism for a Charlotte Allen 1771 kirton in holland lincs parents robert and ann allen.