Author Topic: Poverty Bay & Nelson; People, places, relationships, appointments. 1954 – 1975  (Read 8369 times)

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Edit - Nelson added to title. See below.

Hello.

After a month of intensive research into some families unknown to me, only yesterday did I stumble upon the fantastic resource below. One way of getting around thousands of search hits for common names, that can also be place, or object names.

Being social candid pictures of sporting occasions, weddings etc you are able to place named people at a specific place, at a specific time, and their relationships to others named therein. The site has it's own fully indexed, search facility.

I was able to identify a Farewell Party for a family who I, care of an ARCHWAY probate record, knew was in a totally different part of NZ when the husband died while still in the workforce, a few years later.

I am surprised that my Gisborne contacts, along this journey, did not advise me of it’s existence, when we were seeking photos of our research subjects, now deceased. 

Big thanks to the H. B. WILLIAMS Memorial Library, for making the material available on line.

Gisborne PHOTO NEWS    www.photonews.org.nz

Happy hunting.

- Alan.

Please respect the below request, and as per notated advert, I now see on the home page, that the Nelson editions are also available on line. Thinking back seem to remember the Waikato edition.

Happy hunting,

- Alan.

May 1969 advert below with notations.

Image Usage  [Home page request]

As many people featured in the Photo News are still alive, please respect the spirit of the project when making electronic copies available, and follow the guidelines on copyright and image use.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Poverty Bay & Nelson; People, places, relationships, appointments. 1954 – 1975
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 October 15 09:44 BST (UK) »
Already listed in New Zealand Resources & Offers. See LINKS - Newspapers, Parliamentary Papers, Books, etc.

Spades
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL