Author Topic: Early Annan Census - look up offer  (Read 44007 times)

Offline jww

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
PERCY FAMILY OF ANNAN
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 February 05 22:57 GMT (UK) »
HI
 SEE YOU HAVE KINDLY OFFERED TO LOOK UP THE EARLY CENSUS FOR ANNAN. i AM LOOKING FOR JAMES PERCY AND HIS PARENTS/FAMILY. HE WAS BORN C 1848 IN ANNAN. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP
Westwell Outhwaite Thorpe Appleyard Lofthouse lambert whitehead Hadfield wright pollard armitage fieldhoue wood sharples radcliffe dodgson bywater robinson stringer firth fearnside roberts rothera hargreaves langstroth

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: Early Annan Census - look up offer
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Sorry it has taken so long to get back on this thread it isn't a library I go to often.

Reet!

No Heard's I'm afraid.
No Percy's Sorry - Halfmorton is a different place to Annan.

There are a few Pringle's but I only have the names not what year they are from - so I need to get hold of the book again.

I may not get there again for ages?

Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline shezzy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 14:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,

I'm new to these lists and I have just come across your lookup offer. If you happen to be looking in the relevant books again I am interested in:

Palmers in Annan - especially a William PALMER (born c 1820) whose father was a William Palmer I believe, other children may be Agnes Gisbon PALMER, John PALMER and I think their mother may have been a Mary BELL.

Also for IRVINGs about the same time espacially a Helen Jardine IRVING born in the 1820's whose parent I think were James IRVING & Elizabeth HOPE.

I would be most grateful for any information that you came across

Thanks

Sharon

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 February 06 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi RE: your post Early Annan Census - look up offer
I have found a William Walker born 1794 Annan parents Joseph Walker/ Jean Irving I would really love to know if this William Walker married a Flora Gilchrist or if he was a jeweller. If he is the William I think he is he was dead by 1823-27 do you think it is possible to find him on early Annan census or indeed to see if the father Joseph is a jeweller? ::)
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 25 February 06 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi irret,

I won't be able to get the Central Library for a few weeks as my boss is on holiday so when the library is open I'll be chained to my desk.

As for what info is available, the early census is literally just a list of names loosely split by household.

There are no occupations so there may not be any mention of Joseph's occupation.

Hope to get back to the library as soon as but please forgive any delay.  If you have an Ancestry subscription the early census for Annan is available in the parsh & probate section.  Unfortunately I don't have access.

All the best,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 25 February 06 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I will await your kind offer with interest. Thank you. :)
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wallace23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 17 July 06 00:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam

I am intersted in your kind lookup offer for Annan. I am looking for information on James Irving born abt 1777 married in 1798 in Annan to a Mary Turner. i think their first child was Sarah Irving born abt 1800. Would it be possible for you to have a look for me and see what you can turn up i would be greatly obliged

regards wallace23

Offline Floyd11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 20 August 06 23:11 BST (UK) »
I would like copys of any census information going back from the Lindsay family of high Street Annan.

This family lived here for some time and the male side of the family were butchers (fleshers).

John Lindsay and his wife Mary(Bell) lived here and they had 10 children.

This is what I have so far.

The 1821 Census of Annan
John Lindsay 40 recorded as 40 years of age or less!.
spouse 40   recorded as 40 years of age or less!.
2 girls 10 
1 boy 5
These children would have been of his marriage to Nicholas Reid and his first son by Mary Bell. They were not on the 1841 census as being at home and would have been in their early 20s at that stage (in 841).

The 1841 census provides the following information.
All residing at 8 Battery Street, Annan in 1841.
John Lindsay 50 Flesher
Mary Lindsay 40

Margsaret Lindsay 15
David Lindsay 15
Janet Lindsay 11
John Lindsay 9
Lawrence Lindsay 9
Mary Lindsay 6
Daniel Lindsay 4
Elisabeth Lindsay 1

John Lindsay
 buried 17 mar 1848 Annan

Offline jleonard

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Early Annan Census - ROBERT HEARD_JANE RUTHERFORD
« Reply #17 on: Friday 05 February 10 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I see Donald was requesting a lookup of Robert Heard and his wife Jane Rutherford, and children, from Half Morton, Annan. Scotland.

Robert and Jane our my great-great-great grandparents through their daughter Elizabeth Heard (later Boundy). The family came to Canada in the early 1850s settling in southern Ontario and eventually to Haliburton, Ontario.  I would be very happy to share info with Donald - if he is still out there.

Jim
Ontario, Canada