Author Topic: larkin children  (Read 1720 times)

Offline heatherwalsh

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
larkin children
« on: Sunday 17 May 15 14:41 BST (UK) »
 hello, not sure if anyone will be able to help, but I thought I would try,   I have these LARKIN children,  all born in Scotland, but don't know where in Scotland......... They are in the 1911 census for quality hill Armagh Ireland, living with a grandmother.........Maggie is 10, Lucinda is 8, Martha is 7, Charles is 4 and Jennie is 2.   I am trying to discover who their parents were and what happen in this part of the family, in order to connect more dots in the family tree.........any help will be greatly appreciated.

kind regards from heather

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: larkin children
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 May 15 14:53 BST (UK) »
You are fortunate in that Lucina is not a common name. I did a quick search on scotlandspeople & there is only one Lucinda Larkin registered in the decade 1900- 1910. I suggest you have a read of the guidelines on rootschat on how to get the optimum use from your searches on scotlandspeople before going on that website to view the certificate. If you're lucky you'll be able to spot her siblings on the index for the same parish as Lucinda. The certificate will name both parents & also their address. The censuses can also be viewed on scotlandspeople. Hopefully the couple married in Scotland & you'll be able to find their marrige certificate. It will name both their parents. Is the grandmother's surname Larkin?
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Midlad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 May 15 14:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   There is a birth of a Lucinda Larkin  on Scotlands People I suggest you buy 30 credits for £7:00 and download her birth cert. from this you will not only get her parents but their date and place  of marriage.
You should also be able to find her siblings as Larkin is not a very common name in Scotland

Scotlands People is the only place where you will find the information it is very reasonably priced and you will be able to download the cert right away no waiting for the post to deliver it.
Good Luck
Midlad

Offline heatherwalsh

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 May 15 15:10 BST (UK) »
thanks midlad, will do !!!!!! cheers from heather........

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 May 15 20:03 BST (UK) »
I hope you found the topic about scotlandspeople that I recommended you read before parting with any money :)
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 May 15 22:43 BST (UK) »
Grandmother looks to be a Davison