Author Topic: Robert Hayes and Elizabeth Jones info  (Read 2909 times)

Offline katyH2811

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Hayes and Elizabeth Jones info
« on: Monday 18 May 15 06:05 BST (UK) »
Hi there
I posted last year trying to find information on my grandfather's great great grandfather William Hayes. With some much appreciated help from people, I was able to trace William to the 1851 census in Mold as a 16 year old apprentice butcher living with Ann Peters (aged 64), her son Edward (aged 30), who is a butcher, and an Elizabeth Hayes, aged 11. We believe that Elizabeth is William's sister, which ties in with stories that my grandfather remembers about his great great grandfather having one sibling - a younger sister. This census states that all 4 were born in Mold, Flintshire. The 1841 census shows a 6 year old William Hayes living with/near Ann Peters, but there is no mention of Elizabeth Hayes.
I could not find a birth record for William Hayes anywhere despite my best efforts, but I did discover a birth record for Elizabeth Hayes, born in 1841 in Wrexham to parents Robert Hayes and Elizabeth Hayes (maiden name Jones). Ann Peters, with whom William and Elizabeth were living, also had the maiden name Jones, so this would suggest that she and William and Elizabeth's mother may have been sisters.

As mentioned above, I cannot find a birth record for William, so I have been trying to find info on Robert and Elizabeth Hayes, to trace the family line back a bit further. I cannot find any information on their marriage, possible deaths, births, etc. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where I could look, or if anyone has any information on these people. Thanks in advance!

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Hayes and Elizabeth Jones info
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 May 15 10:02 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast has the baptismal image of -

May 14 1842, Elizabeth, parents Seth (occpn. labourer) and Elizabeth Hayes, abode Bistre (?)

Place, Parish of Mold, Flint

Offline katyH2811

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 01:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that - I had found that Elizabeth, but she doesn't seem to be the right one - Seth and Elizabeth had other children also, but no William.
I'm pretty certain that Robert Hayes and Elizabeth Hayes (maiden name Jones) are the right family, but just wanting to trace them back a bit further! :)

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 12:26 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this will help or confuse. I have the Treuddyn baptisms to 1812 and there is a Robert Hayes baptised Mar 8 1810 (born 1st) to parents Robert and Mary. There is a probable sister baptised 5 April 1807 (born 1st) to the same parents.
If you don't know the area Treuddyn is just a few miles from Mold.

Hope it is useful somewhere.
Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline katyH2811

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 00:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Peter, that could prove very useful - That'd put Robert at about age 25 when his first child was born, which would fit. I don't know the area at all, so wouldn't have ever connected the two areas. I'll do a bit more digging! :)

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

As you don't know the area  it may be useful to have a look at this web site
www.jillfarndon25.webspace.virginmedia.com
This lady has produced a list of names from all the publications of BMD produced by Clwyd FHS and if you hit on the H and scroll a long way down to the Hayes name it lists all the occurrences of the name in the publications including some Williams. You then need to check which areas the numbers refer to in the 'key'. At least this will give an idea of the geographical spread of the name in the area.
The booklets are produced by Clwyd FHS and you can either buy them or I think they have a look up service for a small charge.
Cheers
Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline katyH2811

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 11:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much!