Author Topic: Hertfordshire/Ware Parish marriage look up: STAMP  (Read 4906 times)

Offline bowiewhist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hertfordshire/Ware Parish marriage look up: STAMP
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 09:44 BST (UK) »
The two burials are of particular interest - I have come across the census info before - but now that you have years of death potentially then I can see if there are corresponding GRO details to match - even if they have been mis-transcribed.
It isn't beyond possibility that they married in London as there are other family connections certainly with Clerkenwell and Isslington.  I am very grateful for the extra pairs of eyes!
Jones, Hughes, Richards, Owens, Price, Morris and Williams.
Llansilin, Llanrhaiadr Y M, Llangwm, Llanfihangel G M, Cerrigydruddion, Capel Garmon, Gwytherin and Moelfre.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 11:59 BST (UK) »
When Ann Maria Stamp married James Bardell she did not give any details about her father.  There was just a line for his name and occupation as often appears when a child is illegitimate.  The baptism does however name both Johnathan & Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bowiewhist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 13:07 BST (UK) »
How odd. Given that he lived with them later it seems a strange thing to miss him off the marriage detail - the parish records of the baptism certainly flag up when others have been born illegitimately around the same time, whereas, as you say, both parents are fully acknowledged as tho married.  Again, thanks!
Jones, Hughes, Richards, Owens, Price, Morris and Williams.
Llansilin, Llanrhaiadr Y M, Llangwm, Llanfihangel G M, Cerrigydruddion, Capel Garmon, Gwytherin and Moelfre.