Author Topic: Slovak or hungarian translation in batisimal record name change in comment  (Read 3487 times)

Offline pgh61

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am looking for help in translation of a comment found in baptismal record for my grandfather.  After coming to USA just after 1903, his surname was always Havasi.  I found a Batisimal record for him with some reference to his change of name.  Entire page would be too large to attach, but link is = https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11580-34884-7?cc=1554443 = As shown in entire page, the last line for name Andreas Hudimacs, there is a comment written in last column.  Also there is the Surname of Havasi written below his name in that column.  He and his wife Victoria had a child in 1903 before coming to USA.  at some point he changed his surname to Havasi.  In the comment I can see "Hudimacs" and "Havasi"  also two dates in 1903 "March 8" and "April 4".  The attachment is just the few columns enlarged.  Any help in translating any other part of it would be appreciated (what language is it?) - Thanks