Author Topic: David Davies 1840 Treboeth  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Jan Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
David Davies 1840 Treboeth
« on: Monday 18 May 15 23:40 BST (UK) »
David Davies, born 1840, appears as the grandson of David and Sarah (Thomas) Jones on the 1841 and 1851 Census records of Treboeth, Llangyfelach.   I am trying to find his parents - assuming a happy marriage of Jones and Davies shortly before 1840!!     
Yes, I know there are dozens of them in the time-frame and I am drowning in Joneses and Davies!!
I think the only way to solve this will be if someone has actually done this research and/or has some positive, handed-down family tree!
David Jones, the Grandfather, was a Tailor, born in Bettws, Carmarthen.
Answers and suggestions will be much appreciated!
Janice

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Davies 1840 Treboeth
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 21:01 BST (UK) »
Who did he marry? Do you have a copy of his marriage certificate? It would give his father's name & occupation. If you don't have that cert, do you know his wife's maiden name to find the marriage?

With common names, the best way is to go one stage at a time & get certs to confirm findings.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Jan Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: David Davies 1840 Treboeth
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 May 15 05:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Osprey,
David Davies, age 1 year, appears on the 1841 Census, in the household of David and Sarah (nee Thomas) Jones, in Treboeth, Llangyfelach.  He is with the family again in 1851, age 11, and is described as "Grandson". Then he disappears.   I am assuming that either one of the daughters married a Davies (if so who was she?) and produced this child which was then raised by his grandparents OR one of the daughters had this child out of wedlock but registered him under his father's surname, again having him raised in his grandparents home.
That's all I know of David Davies and hope someone might know where he fits into the Jones family.
Janice