Author Topic: Brick wall! Duncan Campbell and Nancy McNaughtan  (Read 7383 times)

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brick wall! Duncan Campbell and Nancy McNaughtan
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 27 January 18 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Ayshire1,
                 Yes that is the information that i have. Duncan was from Guananbeg at his marriage.there is also a record that his father was Donald Campbell from Craig.see an earlier post in this disscussion. From an old map Guananbeg is shown as , Ruins near the Western shore of loch Long, not too far from Carrick Castle.
  His daughter Margaret married Peter McKellar  Dunoon .
Most of thier children were baptised as of Sligrachen, a bit further up the valley from Barnacaba.This would have been part of the Glenfinert Estate.
  The last couple of children were given as Cuil, which was very close to Barnacaba. Also I have found that there was another son of Duncan and Agnes living at Cuil, James Campbell.
 On Margaret s  death certificate in 1855 named Duncan Campbell and Nancy MacNaughtan as her parents.
 It took me a fair while to work out that Nancy MacNaughtan and Agnes Koel were the same person.
 James death certificate showed similar names as his parents. I am in contact with one of James descendents here in Aust.
Wyanga
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar