Author Topic: Jane Morland B 1871 Stranraer Last known address 36 Florence Drive, Govan 1911  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The first of 11 Morland kids born to David Morland & Elizabeth Kinnon and the Last for me to find out where Jane ended up...
She was married to a James Queen 30 Dec 1892
James Queen  & Jane Nee Morland had one son from what I can see and his name was James Queen and born 1894

I note she married a David McFarlane on 5 June 1908 stating previously married.. So not stating widow .. Divorce? Thomas Morland my Grt Grandfather was witness at her wedding ...

1911 Census has Jane Nee Morland & David Mcfarlane (head) and stepson James Queen living in Florence Drive, Govan..

I cannot find her as a death on SP and trying variants etc .. no luck yet so wondering if she has moved out of Scotland???

This would be Final closure on the 11 Morland children to David Morland & Elizabeth Kinnon

Any clues to James Queen snr ??? and where Jane Nee Morland ended up in her life.. would be so grateful for any help on this ..

Thanks
Scott Morland

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Have you checked for a death for David McFarlane to see whether she is shown as alive or dead on his death cert?

If alive - she may have re-married again depending on how old she was at that time
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Is this Jane and her son James in the 1901 census name transcribed as Jeannie Green living with her Parent's at 198 Cumberland Street Govan ?
Have you looked for a marriage for her son to see what information is on it ..What year was the James Queen ( father ) born and where

Offline Br1gau

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hello  :)

From the scotland's people indexes, spellings as recorded:

Jean McFarlane, other names Moreland / Queen, born 1873, died in Dunbartonshire in1959
James McFarlane, other name Queen, born 1895, died Lanarkshire in 1968

There is also this.  May be a totally different family of course ..

Jane McFarlane, other name Queen, born 1892, died Midlothian in 1962

brigau

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Good find Br1gau  :D :D

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Morland B 1871 Stranraer Last known address 36 Florence Drive, Govan 1911
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 09:59 BST (UK) »
Hi guys, Well what a lovely surprise to see the help given. To u all.. Thank u sincerely.. I had snapped up the McFarlane from Midlothian before and it is not related.. The Morland with the spelling E in the middle was a stumble and somehow name variations did not pick up but I have no doubt that is my Jeanie Morland actually born 1871 Nov 1st in Stranraer.. I will go away and snap this up .. Well done Brigau!!! My frustration I feel is drawing to an end ..

Thanks
Scott Morland
NZ

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Morland B 1871 Stranraer Last known address 36 Florence Drive, Govan 1911
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 10:31 BST (UK) »
Yip confirmed it is her..
Informant was her son named as James McFarlane however his father was James Queen so looks like he has taken his step fathers name
Usual address was 18 Rathlin st. Glasgow
Defo born on Nov 1st 1871(Stranraer) and her death was May 8th 1959 Fauldhead, Lenzie (Registered Dunbarton)
Death age stated in cert as 86 but she was actually 87 .. in her 88th year..

Thank u all again

Offline Br1gau

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi scott,

Fauldhead, Lenzie?

Did she die at Woodilee Asylum?
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sjay.macl/Strathkelvin/woodilee.htm

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 21 May 15 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Brigau, Thanks for the link on Woodilee Asylum... Good detail..
It does not state exactly that this was the place of death, however I think it highly likely that this was the place as u suggest and understanding the facts...

Jane sadly on death was registered 2 months bed sores, Senile Dementia, Broncho pneumonia (5 days)