Author Topic: Jane Morland B 1871 Stranraer Last known address 36 Florence Drive, Govan 1911  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Morland B 1871 Stranraer Last known address 36 Florence Drive, Govan 1911
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 May 15 12:33 BST (UK) »
It does not state exactly that this was the place of death, however I think it highly likely that this was the place as u suggest and understanding the facts...

It was very much the norm for an event that occurred in a large institution, especially an asylum, to be registered with a street address rather than stating 'Lunatic Asylum'.

For example, 34 Pluscarden Road was routinely used in deaths that occurred in Bilbohall Hospital in Elgin, which was the main mental hospital in Moray. And an awful lot of people were born at 70 Carden Place, Aberdeen, which was a maternity hospital.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Morland B 1871 Stranraer Last known address 36 Florence Drive, Govan 1911
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 May 15 02:59 BST (UK) »
I had another look at James Queen & Jane Morlands Marriage cert and it is clearly stamped at the side of Divorce.
Is there any way to find out further info on a Divorce? 
The divorce would have taken place before 1908 when Jane remarried to David MacFarlane and as Jane Morland married James Queen in 1892 and had James Queen jnr (MacFarlane) in 1894 I would say that between 1894 and 1908 Jane Morland split up with James Queen Snr..
I wonder where James Queen Snr disappeared to.. Trying to track this man down ..
I guess the issues now are that with so many Queens to pick from I would need to go in person to view the archives in Edinburgh .. Also James (Queen) MacFarlane who died in 1968.. I wonder if he married,, again a visit to Edinburgh I think would be needed with so many options..

Ok team.. Thanks for all the help .. I am back in Scotland abt September this year and a wee trip to Edinburgh I think is on the cards..

Best regards to all
Scott Morland
NZ

Offline carolineasb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Just wondered if the Extract Decree of Divorce was possibly an RCE attached to the Marriage Entry on Scotlands People? If so, it may give you a wee bit of further information.
Tannahill:  Ayrshire, Renfrewshire
Mulgrew/Milgrew:  Glasgow
Canning: Renfrewshire

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Is there any way to find out further info on a Divorce? 

Normally, I'd expect to find all the divorce court papers in the National Archives Records of Scotland, but this divorce doesn't seem to be in the online catalogue.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 July 16 04:19 BST (UK) »
I have picked up that James Macfarlane (Queen) married a Jane McArthur ..
Jane nee McArthur died on 14 Feb 1937 address listed as 170 London Road, Glasgow
James Macfarlane died 13 Dec 1967 address listed as 170 London Road, Glasgow

Jane nee McArthurs father ... A James Gray McArthur died in 1931 address listed as 170 London Road, Glasgow..

I have picked this info up via Ancestry..

I have also noted that James and Jane had a son named David MacFarlane (not proven and from Ancestry)

If anyone has any information that can extend this leg I would be very grateful

Thanks
Scott Morland
NZ

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 20 August 17 03:50 BST (UK) »
Hi team.. I am reviewing this one again..

I have also noted that James and Jane had a son named David MacFarlane (not proven and from Ancestry)

If anyone has any information that can extend this leg I would be very grateful