Author Topic: WW2 RAF Sgt Glyndwr Guerrier, of Croydon,Surrey  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 RAF Sgt Glyndwr Guerrier, of Croydon,Surrey
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 12 April 18 18:57 BST (UK) »
Have seen that he was involved in a crash with a Lancaster that killed both crews. Interested as to what he had done from enlisting in 1935, as 102 Squadron was bush pretty much from Day 1 of WW2?
Paul

Indeed he was involved in a plane crash not in a Lancaster but a Halifax.  Over Eindhoven in Holland a 44 sqdn lancaster and a 102 Sqdn Halifax collided during an evasive action and both crashed near Luijksgestel close to the Dutch/Belgian border which killed both the entire crews. Send me a PM and  I will tell you more and also i can put you in touch with the relatives of Glyndwr most and not forget
due to the help of the members of Rootschat.

Cheers,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 21 April 18 06:24 BST (UK) »
Have seen that he was involved in a crash with a Lancaster that killed both crews. Interested as to what he had done from enlisting in 1935, as 102 Squadron was bush pretty much from Day 1 of WW2?
Paul

Hi Paul,

Send you a PM and all relatives(and me) of Glyndwr are keen to get in touch with you and exchange information.

Cheers,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 27 May 18 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,

It has been quite a while since you have posted your reply on Rootschat and I am eager to get in touch with you. Send you a PM and also I hoped that you replied on this suberb forum but it keep silence. I hope that you get in touch with me and exchanging information. Regards, Adrian