Author Topic: Jackson -- Wath On Dearne / Bolton On Dearne  (Read 1907 times)

Offline mgc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jackson -- Wath On Dearne / Bolton On Dearne
« on: Tuesday 19 May 15 20:36 BST (UK) »
I am seeking to make contact with any Jackson or Jackson descendant who claims descent or is knowledgeable of their descent specifically from the Wath Upon Dearne and/or Bolton Upon Dearne area.

I'm in the US; a Jackson descendant, and am in contact with Jackson's here in the US.  It is only just recently that I am more or less convinced of Jackson roots most specifically in the Wath area.

As they most often are, my fingers are crossed...

Mike
Jackson YKS, Sidney YKS, Bagshaw YKS & DBY, and to a lesser extent: Glossop, Hudson YKS

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Jackson -- Wath On Dearne / Bolton On Dearne
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 08:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,
I can help you out with some burials at St Andrew, Bolton on Dearne, Yorkshire West Riding
Source: Doncaster & District Family History Society
13/03/1702, Mary JACKSON
03/08/1869, James JACKSON, aged 3
05/02/1875, Andra JACKSON, infant
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline willsmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 16:20 BST (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.UK

Offline charlatan_s63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 May 15 11:05 BST (UK) »
My gt grandmother was Clara Jackson (1905-1981) she lived on vicar road in Wath on Dearne, her father was William Jackson & mother was Ada Wright.  She married Frederick Dyson in 1925 at Wath parish church.   
Shaw, Dyson, McGarrigle, Jackson, Lewis, Jones, Lord, Broadhurst.

Ireland: Looby

Offline mgc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 May 15 14:47 BST (UK) »
My 4x great-grandfather, William Jackson, married a certain Martha Sidney at Bolton on Dearne in early July 1813.  I am fairly certain that he was born at Wath in 1792, and that his father was a certain John Jackson.  I am also fairly certain that this John Jackson married Hannah Wilson in 1780, at Wath... and I am also suspecting that this John Jackson was likewise born at Wath, and that his father was a Thomas Jackson.

Thanks for all your input and help. Happily, the Wath BMD Registers are as intact as they seem to be!

Mike
Jackson YKS, Sidney YKS, Bagshaw YKS & DBY, and to a lesser extent: Glossop, Hudson YKS