Author Topic: Cemetery Plan (East Wemyss)  (Read 8409 times)

Offline david171

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cemetery Plan (East Wemyss)
« on: Tuesday 19 May 15 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, Can anyone please let me know if they have a cemetery plan for East Wemyss cemetery? I've been in contact with Fife Council and they have been very helpful in providing the lair number where my great grandparents are buried. However, plans are only available by visiting the Kirkcaldy office which I can't easily manage in working hours (I'm in Glasgow). The lair is described as in section G-South, and I suspect no (legible) stone exists. I'd be grateful for any advice or information.
Thank you
David
 :-\

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Cemetery Plan (East Wemyss)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 23:43 BST (UK) »
Hi, Can anyone please let me know if they have a cemetery plan for East Wemyss cemetery? I've been in contact with Fife Council and they have been very helpful in providing the lair number where my great grandparents are buried. However, plans are only available by visiting the Kirkcaldy office which I can't easily manage in working hours (I'm in Glasgow). The lair is described as in section G-South, and I suspect no (legible) stone exists. I'd be grateful for any advice or information.
Thank you
David
 :-\
Hi David tell who are you looking I have up to date index of headstones in East Wemyss
Husband and wife's maiden name
Norrie

Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline david171

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie, thanks very much for your reply. Details are James Buchanan (d. 17/8/1920), and wife Betsy Thomson (d. 27/8/1924).

For information, you had kindly replied to an earlier post of mine (reply #86 on topic HEADSTONE INSCRIPTIONS East Wemyss & West Wemyss Cemeteries - Part 1) enquiring about James' parents, when you had listed all photographed Buchanan headstones, hence my assumption now that there is no stone, or legible stone, for James/ Betsy.

I am suspecting therefore that I'll need a cemetery plan for that section to identify the exact plot location?
David
 :)

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 May 15 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie, thanks very much for your reply. Details are James Buchanan (d. 17/8/1920), and wife Betsy Thomson (d. 27/8/1924).

For information, you had kindly replied to an earlier post of mine (reply #86 on topic HEADSTONE INSCRIPTIONS East Wemyss & West Wemyss Cemeteries - Part 1) enquiring about James' parents, when you had listed all photographed Buchanan headstones, hence my assumption now that there is no stone, or legible stone, for James/ Betsy.

That was away back in 2011 up dated list now available this is your James,and is this his son
Thomas T Buchanan in 880

453 East Wemyss
Erected to the memory of James Buchanan d. 18.8.1920 aged 70, his wife Betsy Thomson d. 27.8.1934, his son James Buchanan, M.A. d. 25.9.192*, his daughter Betsy Buchanan d. 8.7.1938, his son Thomas T. Buchanan, M.A. B.A. Oxon d. 16.8.1943

880.   ILMO Thomas T. Buchanan, Rector of Buckhaven High School 1919-1943 d. 6.8.1943 aged 65y. Also his wife Jamima Barnet d. 24.9.1964 aged 85y

photo not all that clear

Norrie

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 May 15 20:21 BST (UK) »
Norrie

Do you any record of a John Lucy who died 18 Jan 1920 at Wemyss Memorial Hospital?

Offline david171

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 May 15 22:04 BST (UK) »
Norrie,
Thanks very much - that is really really helpful. If I send you a PM, could you then send me on the James Buchanan stone photo?

One last favour - if you know the approximate location of the James Buchanan stone, could you possibly state which of my numbered locations it is nearest?  - I've assumed that it is somewhere on the map below (hoping the map attaches OK and is readable!)
Thanks again for all your help.
David

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 24 May 15 15:59 BST (UK) »
Norrie

Do you any record of a John Lucy who died 18 Jan 1920 at Wemyss Memorial Hospital?

Hi Santi sorry nothing on John Lucy
Norrie

Offline andore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 February 16 07:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Norrie, I am looking for the graves of Isabella Oliphant Lonie died 5 dec 1934 and her husband William Lonie died 1948 I thought they were buried either East or West Wemyss Cemeteries.
Can you help.
Regards
Sandy

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 13 February 16 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Norrie, I am looking for the graves of Isabella Oliphant Lonie died 5 dec 1934 and her husband William Lonie died 1948 I thought they were buried either East or West Wemyss Cemeteries.
Can you help.
Regards
Sandy
Hi Sandy sorry  there is no headstone for the above in East or West Wemyss Cemeteries

Norrie