Author Topic: Gloucester Pilots (River Severn)  (Read 13928 times)

Offline Jane Hurle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gloucester Pilots (River Severn)
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi
How exciting.My mother Alice was the youngest of Ambrose and Constance's children She once said that Amanda and Constance were cousins.So Charles Smith was the father of Constance? Was her mother called Harriet?I actually met Emmeline the second child of the marriage between Amanda and Ambrose.What else are you able to divulge?I cannot find where Constance and Ambrose were married but have found a memorial inscription re the death of Amanda the first wife.I wonder looking at her age of death and age of their third child if she died in childbirth?I have only just begun the ancestry thing.My mother died four years ago aged 101 still with vivid memories of her childhood in Gloucestershire.Amrose never spoke of his family to her but she remembered visiting Constance's mother and an Aunt Lottie.

Offline CRAG

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 17 February 18 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jane and Liz
My name is Charles Ronald Aldridge Glass, my grandfather was Charles William Aldridge, who was the son of Ambrose and Amanda. His step brother was Giles [ son of Constance and Ambrose]
My grandfather, Charles William Aldridge married Sophia Cameron, lived in Scotland and had 3 daughters, Jean, Mabel and Amanda.
I am trying to trace the Aldridge family history and would appreciate any information you may have. I haven’t  got a lot but am willing to send you everything if you’d like.
I live since 1970 in the Netherlands.

Constance ALDRIDGE (geboren SMITH), geboren 1872
Constance ALDRIDGE (geboren SMITH) is geboren in 1872, in geboorteplaats, aan Charles SMITH en Harriet SMITH (geboren BAKER).
Charles is geboren in 1834, in Berkeley, Gloucestershire, England.
Harriet is geboren in 1839, in Berkeley, Gloucestershire, England.
Constance trouwde met Ambrose William ALDRIDGE op dag maand 1897, op 25 jarige leeftijd in trouwplaats.
Ambrose is geboren op 1 april 1862, in Saul, Gloucestershire, England.

sorry it's in dutch, if needed I'll translate it.
Ronnie.

Offline Jane Hurle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 17 February 18 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ronnie
What a great surprise.My grandfather was Ambrose Aldridge and my grandmother his second wife Constance Smith.Ambrose had 3 children Charles, Emmeline and Amanda. My mother Alice was the youngest child of Ambrose and Constance and therefore a HALF sister to Charles, Emmeline and Amanda. I met Emmeline several times and have a photo of her. She married Reg Cook and had a daughter Ena.My mother spoke often of her half brother Charles telling us he went to Scotland. What information would you like? It is easier to use my e mail address
jhurle@globalnet.co.uk
Jane

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 17 February 18 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Ronnie.

It seems that Jane and I both have information on Ambrose Aldridge and his family as well as the Smith family as they are intertwined,

There is too  much information to list it all out here so maybe it would be better to give you my e-mail address so the 3 of us can correspond and exchange info.  My e-mail address is elizabethcox.lesmartels@yahoo.co.uk

My connection is not a blood one like yours and Jane's as my connection is through my mother's step father Robert Edric Smith but I have done a great deal of research on the family and it would be nice to share it with you.
Robert was the son of Robert James Shadrack Smith, the brother of Amanda.

Elizabeth