Author Topic: Looby (Waterford)  (Read 3187 times)

Offline charlatan_s63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looby (Waterford)
« on: Thursday 21 May 15 23:36 BST (UK) »
 Hi,

I'm trying to find Irish ancesters in the Waterford area, all I have to go on is my gt grandfather was called Edmund Looby and his father was William Looby born about 1875. William married a woman called Mary O'Driscoll (or Driscol) Can any of you kind people help me?  Thanks.   
Shaw, Dyson, McGarrigle, Jackson, Lewis, Jones, Lord, Broadhurst.

Ireland: Looby

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looby (Waterford)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 May 15 23:47 BST (UK) »
Have you forgotten about this earlier topic of yours?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=703871
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Michele Looby

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Looby (Waterford)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Not sure this will go through, very confusing search site. But anyway, HI cousin from San Diego California~!. I have been working on our looby line for about twenty years. Started with less than twenty people and now hundreds. You fathers mother' name was mary driscoll who married william looby on sept 16th in clonmel. You have some info right, yes maureen did become a nun and is buried in New York State. You great grandfather edmund (known as percy) was  my Grandfathers brother. My grandfather was William Looby (like my fathers name). Way to much to write here! If I don't hear back I will try again. I have been to dungarvin several times and we have lots of cousins. Hope to hear from you sincerely Michele Looby