Author Topic: Darlington St Cuthberts monumental inscriptions?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
Darlington St Cuthberts monumental inscriptions?
« on: Friday 22 May 15 08:52 BST (UK) »
Recently in Darlington library I was looking at some photocopies of St Cuthberts MI's. Two copies had been made but each only ran halfway through the pages indicated in the name index. And of course the ones I wanted to look at were missing.

One was for " number 242 - the children of Jonathan SPARK" and the other for "number 385 - SPARK John"

I had already been into the graveyard of St Cuthberts and seen it had been rearranged since the MI's were done. Lots of gravestones seemed missing.

Has anyone seen a  complete copy of these MI's anywhere?

Gen in NBL England
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Online angelfish58

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma & Grandad married 23 Aug 1918
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington St Cuthberts monumental inscriptions?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 May 15 11:56 BST (UK) »
Here's one: To the memory of John Spark son ofJonathan & Margaret Spark of Darlington  who died the 9th March 1818 aged 19 years. Also William Spark who died the blank March 1804 aged blank.

And the other is : Sacred to the memory of John Spark who departed this life Jan 16th 1842 aged 62 years.
Watson, Snowball, Pyburn, Heppell, Ferry, Holmes, Clennett, Kidd, Pescod, Bage Co.Duham & Northumberland
Stockton, Watson, Bage, Nellist N. Yorks
Challnor/Challoner Cheshire/Shropshire. Moore, Mansell: Wellington, Shropshire
Davies/ David, Coity, Glamorgan
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington St Cuthberts monumental inscriptions?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 May 15 19:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Angel! That gives me something to get my teeth into, it is one of my major brickwalls, the SPARKs of Darlington.

What a lovely photo of your grandma!

Gen in NBL England
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE