Author Topic: Specific residences in Marsworth Census...  (Read 2291 times)

Offline bates

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Specific residences in Marsworth Census...
« on: Saturday 23 May 15 04:06 BST (UK) »
Hi!
I'm looking to come for a drive through Marsworth to see where the family actually lived during the 1841, 51, 61, 71 and 81 Censuses.

I believe they lived in the Canal House (Watery Lane?) Marsworth in 1871.
I also remember reading William living in his old age at the Red Lion 90 Vicarage road.

William (1784), son Thomas (1815) and wife Elizabeth, their children James, Lucy, Maria, Joseph(1855), Elizabeth, Emma, Clara

THANK YOU for any help.
tanya
bates (marsworth and drayton parslow) campbell (derrylard and loughgall) connell (paisley) cunningham (west lothian) macauley (liverpool, accrington and bacup) templeman (somerset)

Offline pjm99

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Specific residences in Marsworth Census...
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 May 15 06:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Tanya,
Looking at a modern map both Watery Lane and Vicarage Road still exist and you should be able to drive down Watery Lane through Church Lane and into Vicarage Road.
What was The Red Lion is now a listed building at 92 Vicarage Road, Marsworth, Buckinghamshire HP23 4LU. Canal House is also listed with the address given as Watery Lane, Marsworth, Buckinghamshire HP23 4LY.
Regards
Peter
Allen, Brown, West - Berkshire
Caesar, Dicker, Lamden, West - Hampshire
Hicks, Martin, Masters - Kent, Middlesex
Hancox/Hancock/Hancocke - Warwickshire
Gardner - Devon
Traylen - Essex & Jersey

Offline bates

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Specific residences in Marsworth Census...
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 10:31 BST (UK) »
thanks for your help peter.

I have had a great stickybeak through the village. lovely place and so pleased I visited!

tanya
bates (marsworth and drayton parslow) campbell (derrylard and loughgall) connell (paisley) cunningham (west lothian) macauley (liverpool, accrington and bacup) templeman (somerset)