Author Topic: Lizzie Herd.....Still Not Found Her  (Read 11219 times)

Offline Del 80

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my favourite jumper about 1976
    • View Profile
Re: Lizzie Herd.....Still Not Found Her
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 May 15 05:59 BST (UK) »
Annette, Yes, I believe that they must have moved away from the Grantham area, hence my original question of how best to find out when.....and if possible to where .......I cannot find them on any passenger lists of the time, which suggests that they stayed in this country....I have also checked wills and probate, and again nothing comes up......next step is local library to see if they have electoral rolls for the period after the 1911 census, to try to narrow down when they moved away.......a classic case of needing the 1921 census I think !!...........Del.
Clarke , Calvert , McCreadie,
 McDowell, Paton & Scott families,  Scotland
& Ireland, Ayto/Hayto/Eato/Eatough families, Lincolnshire.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 May 15 07:42 BST (UK) »
Have you got the exact date of birth for her son Stanley, as if he died after 1968 in this country it will make it easier to identify him? 

Lizzie will not show on ER's for a good few years after 1911, and if they moved around there will be several Charles Robinsons as possibles.

Offline Del 80

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 May 15 09:12 BST (UK) »
Stanley is given on the 1911 census as being 8  years old......so born 1902/03......his father Charles is a baker, and his mother Lizzie is mistranscribed as LINNIE Robinson.......I believe that she was still alive in 1930..........Del.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 May 15 09:21 BST (UK) »
So you have not got his birth certificate for exact date of birth, which could help identify him in a variety of records around the world.

Why do you think she was still alive in 1930, and Where was she believed to be then? 

Have you considered that Lizzie could have married again, and Stanley taken a new surname.

If Charles is a baker, is he in any trade directories/shop entries?

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 May 15 10:55 BST (UK) »
Even if you are able to establish when they moved away it won't be any help in determining where they went so you won't be any further forward than you are now!

I agree with chempat - if you get Stanley's birth certificate to obtain his exact birthdate, if he died after 1968 you should hopefully then be able to locate his death entry in the indexes and establish what area he died in which may help in determining Charles and Lizzie's deaths which hopefully were in that same area.

Aside from this suggestion you will continue to go round in circles with such a common surname!

Annette   

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 May 15 11:05 BST (UK) »
Free BMD has a couple of Grantham deaths:

Lizzie M Robinson 75 yrs in 1941
Lizzie Robinson 74 yrs in 1956
What about Elizabeth? Have you looked for Elizabeth Robinson as well?

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline Del 80

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 24 May 15 11:39 BST (UK) »
I believe that Lizzie was still alive in 1930 because at her step father John Ayto's funeral, one of the mourners was  a Mrs. Robinson......given as his daughter, of course that does not tell me where she was living, but is pretty strong evidence that she was still alive, interestingly, there is no mention of a Mr. Robinson , so had he died ?.....or simply didn't attend the funeral ?.......so many questions regarding Lizzie, but I WILL find out ......one day........Del.

Offline StanleysChesterton

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My G-grandmother on right, 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 24 May 15 11:43 BST (UK) »
I believe that Lizzie was still alive in 1930 because at her step father John Ayto's funeral, one of the mourners was  a Mrs. Robinson......given as his daughter, of course that does not tell me where she was living, but is pretty strong evidence that she was still alive, interestingly, there is no mention of a Mr. Robinson , so had he died ?.....or simply didn't attend the funeral ?.......so many questions regarding Lizzie, but I WILL find out ......one day........Del.
If she turned up to his funeral, perhaps she was hoping for a slice of the pie.  It might be an idea to consider finding if he had a will at some point ... see if that gives clues as to where she's living and who else in the family is around/where.

Add that to your "Long Shot" pencilled list.
Related to: Lots of people!
:)
Mostly Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, some Kent and Dorset.

Elizabeth Long/Elizabeth Wilson/Elizabeth Long Wilson, b 1889 Caxton - where are you?
- -
Seeking: death year/location of Albert Edward Morgan, born Cambridge 1885/86 to Hannah & Edward Morgan of 33 Cambridge Place.
WW1 soldier, service number 8624, 2nd battalion, Highland Light Infantry.

Offline Del 80

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 24 May 15 12:56 BST (UK) »
I have checked for Elizabeth Robinson's......also Betty and Eliza.....of course lots come up, but no way of knowing if it is her or not.....have also checked wills and probate for John Ayto, again nothing showing.....I know that our local library hold Grantham street directories so am going to trawl through those, of course if they did move away, then it could be a fruitless exercise, but there must be something out there to point me in the right direction.....I shall also send for Stanley Robinson's birth certificate........Del.