Author Topic: william augustus ward  (Read 2142 times)

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
william augustus ward
« on: Saturday 23 May 15 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Rootchatters, (Please look at my previous posting)

I have just had a big break through with my dad`s side of the family history. maddie if you are still awake, i have just found the link to William Augustus Ward  grandparents on his mother`s side.

1891 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
Great Barlow Street, St Marylebone, Marylebone, London,

First name(s)   Last name   Relationship   Marital status   Gender   Age   Birth year   Occupation   Birth place   
Gus   Landon   Head   Married   Male   42   1849   Coster Monger   Marylebone   
Eliza   Landon   Wife   Married   Female   40   1851   -   Marylebone   
Elizabeth   Landon   Daughter   -   Female   11   1880   Scholar   Marylebone.   

9, Paradise Place, St Marylebone, Marylebone, London, 1901.

First name(s)   Last name   Relationship   Marital status   Gender   Age   Birth year   Occupation   Birth place   
Augustus   Landen   Head   Married   Male   54   1847   Costermonger   London, Middlesex, England   .
Catherine   Landen   Wife   Married   Female   45   1856   -   London, Middlesex, England.
Alfred   Landen   Son   Single   Male   21   1880   Labourer   London, Middlesex, England   
James   Landen   Son   Single   Male   14   1887   -   London, Middlesex, England   .

My grandfather was born at Paradise Place as recorded on his father`s army papers.

I have just purchased some certificates as well. William Ward aged 42 married Jessie Frost  on the 1st February in 1919.He gave his address as 65 Ashworth st, Marylebone and that he was a widower and his father was James Ward.(deceased). The wedding took place in the parish church of Oxhey and that Jessie lived at 7 Roseberry Road , Oxhey. This is strange as the road is actually in Bushey.

I also got William Augustus`s death certificate and that confirmed he was born in london in 1904.

I still cant find the death  date for Elizabeth,. William Augustus`s mother. Also why did William Ward come from London to Bushey to get married?

I now think that James Ward and John Ward, the father of Bridget Dorr(nee ward) who were both General dealers  are brothers and thats why Bridget was a  witness at William`s wedding to Elizabeth Landen.

It is so good to have a break through every now and then. There is still the  problem to solve of where was William, Elizabeth and their first child Bridget in 1901.

Look forward to hearing from you .

Regards,

jackie.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: william augustus ward
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 May 15 00:02 BST (UK) »
Could you put a link to your previous posting, or add your new information to it, so that searchers can have access to all the relevant information?

As a comment
'I also got William Augustus`s death certificate and that confirmed he was born in london in 1904.'
Any information on a death certificate is only as accurate as what the informant has been told, and the year of birth, exact name, etc is frequently incorrect.

If Jessie normally lived in Oxhey/Bushey then that would be where she married, surely?

Offline bgoodman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 May 15 07:41 BST (UK) »
Hi, good work jtas, I am really pleased for you with your recent breakthrough. Keep up the good work.

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 May 15 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie

Well done on finding a bit more on your Ward family. :D

Link to Jackie's previous post for any one who is interested.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=604682.0

I would agree with chempat regarding the marriage for William & Jessie taking place in Oxhey, as it was were she lived it does makes sense.

Did you find William, Elizabeth & Bridget in 1901 or is that still to do. :) I shall have to go back to your other post & refresh my memory on the facts so far. ;)

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk