Author Topic: Edwin Payton Francis Wright. b abt 1863. St Pancras.Marriage lookup.  (Read 2935 times)

Offline zoolane

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Grandparents Oliver Thorn & Winifred Smith.
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin Payton Francis Wright. b abt 1863. St Pancras.Marriage lookup.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 14:45 BST (UK) »
Is it definitely the Edwin Payton Francis Wright b.1863 Pancras that you are interested in and not the Edwin Payton Wright b.1862 Aston, Warwickshire, d.1889 who married Matilda Meaking in 1882?

Have found out a bit more about EPFW's family which is rather interesting but don't want to type it out if it was the other one you are connected to.

Annette

Hi Annette...
Sorry for the delay in answering your question....Family get in the way!!!!!

Anyway, to answer your question, it is the EP Wright who married Matilda MAKING ( Name confirmed by another source)

Any Information would be greatly appreciated.

EPF Wright is another issue which I am still trying to sort out....Still part of the Wright Family but a little bit later down the line.

Brenda
Thorn,Critchley,Smith,Bonehill,Rainbow,Upton.
Associated Families in Snitterfield and Stratford,Shipston on Stour
Wright Family of Wrights Ropes Ltd.,

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin Payton Francis Wright. b abt 1863. St Pancras.Marriage lookup.
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 19:39 BST (UK) »
Right, won't have to do too much typing now.

Quite simply, if your man is the Edwin Payton Wright who married Matilda Making/Meaking 13/8/1882 Llandudno, Conway, Caernarvenshire he is not Edwin Payton Francis Wright b.1863 St Pancras as the heading on this topic!! 

As already detailed earlier, your man was b.1862 and baptised 10/8/1863 Bordesley, Warwickshire, son of John Turner Wright and wife Mary Harriette Turner (who married 17/2/1849 Yardley, Worcester.

He died 3/8/1889 Kings Norton, late of Brunswick House, Moseley Road, Moseley, Worcs. - Manufacturer.   Sole executor was John Turner Wright, the younger, brother.

In 1891 his widow Matilda is with their son Edwin P. born Birmingham 1882.

(Again, details of EPF I gave earlier and this man emigrated to USA 1887 where he was an Attorney at Law.   Naturalized in Pennsylvania 13/11/1893 and living there in 1900 - wife Flora S.  34   born Massachusetts and a son Francis D.  4     born Pennsylvania.   EPF was born 1863 St. Pancras, son of a Edwin Payton Wright (d.1877) and his second wife Amy Dollman.   (Their eldest daughter Amy Beatrice married a Frederick Augustus Lascelles Davidson in India 1883 - their youngest Katherine Horsfall was married to Sir Edmund Arthur Lechmore.)

Amy remarried to a William Storer in 1887 but she petitioned for divorce and they were divorced in 1893 on the grounds of 'Adultery coupled with cruelty'.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk