Author Topic: John Scully and Anna Colligan  (Read 4487 times)

Offline Nick Vogel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Scully and Anna Colligan
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 May 15 15:39 BST (UK) »
RootsIreland has (transcribed) baptism records from 1847-1860 for 7 children to a couple with these names, all County Kildare, it's a subscription-based website (records are copyright).

Thanks so much for the help, both you guys. Gaffy, do you think you could take a screenshot of the transcripts and post them here please, or tell me what they say?

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 May 15 15:48 BST (UK) »
RootsIreland has (transcribed) baptism records from 1847-1860 for 7 children to a couple with these names, all County Kildare, it's a subscription-based website (records are copyright).

Thanks so much for the help, both you guys. Gaffy, do you think you could take a screenshot of the transcripts and post them here please, or tell me what they say?

Sorry, RootsIreland records are copyright and cannot be reproduced here.

Offline Nick Vogel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 May 15 18:19 BST (UK) »

Sorry, RootsIreland records are copyright and cannot be reproduced here.

Ah, that's alright. Thanks anyway. But just so I know where to get looking for future reference, what names are there on the transcript? Are you sure it's the same family? Maybe it's another Scully/Colligan branch? Those other baptism records of the kids are all in Dublin, but the census record does say the mother, Anne, is from Kildare. I haven't seen anything about the father, John, though. Maybe he was from Kildare too.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 29 May 15 20:20 BST (UK) »
If Gaffy could give you the parish you can look it up when the images of parish records come online in July.

Offline ScullyHughes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 June 18 13:55 BST (UK) »
I think I may be the person who's tree you were talking about. John Scully and Anna Corrigan are my great great great grandparents. Here's the link to where I got this information: https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/8360da0105634

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 June 18 15:52 BST (UK) »