Author Topic: Loudoun & Galston Family History Information  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Agnes14

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Loudoun & Galston Family History Information
« on: Friday 29 May 15 10:27 BST (UK) »
Loudoun Kirk is a 12th century partly ruined kirk with burial ground in the Loudoun parish, near Galston, Ayrshire.

The Friends of Loudoun Kirk have launched an updated website covering mainly Loudoun & Galston parishes.   We have added gravestone inscriptions and photographs as well as the Loudoun OPR burials transcription (courtesy of Claude & Jean Wrathall of the LDS).   We are happy to try to assist anyone researching families in this area.  A Forum as been added to the site which hopefully will make it easier to narrow down research.   I have also a vast number of BMDs for the area which due to copyright regulations, I can't publish but can offer information from them.
www.loudounkirk.org.uk
Ayrshire:- Wilson, Donald, Pearson, Milligan, Wallace
Surrey:- Langford, Mullard, O'Neill
Special interest:- Loudoun parish

Offline Agnes14

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Loudoun & Galston Family History Information
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 June 15 10:41 BST (UK) »
Just to update, adding to the Loudoun OPR Burial Records and Loudoun Kirkyard Memorial Inscriptions on our website, I have amassed quite a lot of BMDs for Loudoun and Galston Parishes and have now posted indices of them for anyone to have a look at.   I'll be happy to provide further details of any of them if anyone needs them.
http://loudounkirk.org.uk/index.html
Ayrshire:- Wilson, Donald, Pearson, Milligan, Wallace
Surrey:- Langford, Mullard, O'Neill
Special interest:- Loudoun parish