Author Topic: St - Alexis - de - Matapedia Quebec Francois LeBrun / Daniel Pitre  (Read 1793 times)

Offline mona lisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St - Alexis - de - Matapedia Quebec Francois LeBrun / Daniel Pitre
« on: Saturday 30 May 15 21:05 BST (UK) »
Interested in genealogy of Francois Le Brun who was he the son of for example and so on ... he born ca 1770 and he was the  father of Gertrude LeBrun born 1797 wife of Amable Gallant son of Pierre Marin Hache dit Gallant and Modeste Arsenault. They lived in Rustico PEI but some Le Brun members seemed to be of St - Alexis - de - Matapedia PQ and I note that this is about 35 miles from Campbellton, NB.  I do have the Hache - Gallant genealogy....... so far nothing of Le Brun.......I will also say that my gtgrandfather Francois Gallant was born 1834 July 16 source PEI Census He was married 4 x and there were 8 children I mention this because there is listed a Francois Gallant being born 1823  to Gertrude Le Brun and Amable Gallant so perhaps a mistaken entry.  I mention Daniel Pitre as he married Sophie Gallant and she died  at St - Alexis - de Matapedia so hopefully there would be family members aware of the ir genealogy.  I have checked the IslandRegister.com/ and Acadian Roots by Aline Cormier.  Thanks much appreciate any additional help and information.

Offline vfrye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St - Alexis - de - Matapedia Quebec Francois LeBrun / Daniel Pitre
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 May 15 23:02 BST (UK) »
I found something on Nosorigines.com about François Lebrun, born in 1770 and died 1815 in PEI.
He married Sébastienne-Josephte Doiron(b. Feb 23th, 1768 at Belle Île, France d. June 3rd, 1822 at Rustico, PEI) in 1790.

Vanessa
FRYE from Somerset, Maine, Canada
RAYMOND from Meuse, France
PERRON, SUIRE from La Rochelle, France
BEAUPRÉ from France

Offline mona lisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: St - Alexis - de - Matapedia Quebec Francois LeBrun / Daniel Pitre
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 June 15 21:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you vfrye.....just as an aside  some people from Rustico, PEI moved to St - Alexis- de- Matapedia , Bonaventure Gaspe Quebec in the 1860s.
p.s.  I was hoping that some relatives had information about the families and why the move.