Author Topic: I am looking for the ancestors/family of Henry James TODD b. cir. 1845 m.1866 D  (Read 2834 times)

Offline msd09

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Todd married Eleanor Ballantyne on 17th March 1840.  They had 6 children.

1.   Thomas Walker Todd (*census says born 1861) married Hannah Cunningham 30 Jan 1879, married (2) Sarah Jane Hall 12 Oct 1897.
2.   William Todd migrated to the US and was a substitute solider in the Civil War 1861-65.   He had a daughter Mary Jane Todd, a spinster school teacher who corresponded with the cousins in Greestown until her death in the mid 1950s.  At Chrismtas they welcomed the hamper of luxuries unavailable in post-war Ireland sent by Mary Jane.
3.   Matilda married Charles Nelson 1870
4.   Elizabeth married John Stevenson 1878
5.   Jane 1842-1862.

Re: James TODD & Ellen BALLANTYNE

I am looking for the ancestors/family of Henry James TODD b. cir. 1845 m.1866 Drumglass Parish to Anne Eliza GRAY b. cir. 1848.

Henry died in Apr 1897 at Cronkbourne, Isle of Man. Anne died Jan 1899, Cronkbourne, Isle of Man.

Henry’s father, as stated on his marriage certificate, was James TODD, Farmer.

Given the proximity of Dunagheady to Drumglass & Dungannon, and James’ death 10 Oct 1877, am I looking in the right place for Henry’s people?

Where James possibly had brothers Steven, Arthur & Samuel - Henry had sons: Henry (b.1871), James (b.1873), Samuel (b.1878), John (b.1880), Andrew (b.1883) & Albert Arthur (b.1889). Also daughters: Anne Eliza (b.1869), Sarah Jane (b.1876), Lavinia (b.1885) & Annie (b.1892).

Anne, Henry, James & Albert Arthur were born in Belfast, Sarah Jane in Yorkshire, & the others at Cronkbourne on the Isle of Man.

Henry made his living as a weaver - working in Belfast, Settle (Yorks), and Tromode (IOM).

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Hi Msd,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

I have just split off your reply from "Todds of Limavady" as sadly KathKen's email is no longer working. I have left a link incase she logs back in.  Hopefully by creating a new thread you request will not be lost.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=113086.36

Kind Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ToddT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thanks Sarah. As this process is new to me does the split off mean that none of the previous participants will view my request?

Tom

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,

The original topic was created many years ago by a member that we know (for sure) we have lost contact with, this can sometimes happen but mostly members are still contactable if there is no message showing otherwise. This "new" topic that you have replied to was in reply to member msd09 who hopefully will now be notified of your new reply.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk