Author Topic: George Weightman 1827 South Scarle, Notts...  (Read 3305 times)

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Weightman 1827 South Scarle, Notts...
« on: Tuesday 02 June 15 10:24 BST (UK) »
Would really appreciate help with this one, looking for his marriage(s) I have found him wed to a Sarah ? in 1848 Newark but since seen other trees have him wed to Sarah in 1854 Antwerpen Belgium, we both have the same children but conflicting year wed and marriage place, can some one please advise me on the correct year/ place. I suppose there is the chance that 1848 Sarah died and he wed another Sarah in 1854. The Sarah wed in 1848 was born in South Collingham.
The 1871 census has this one still with George & family, would like to trust my own research findings, but other trees indicate the latter marriage year.. Aghhhh.
Thanks
John

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Weightman 1827 South Scarle, Notts...
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 10:36 BST (UK) »
George Weightman married Sarah Wainwright on 15 Jun 1848 at South Scarle (St Helena), Notts.

Alexander

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 10:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Alexander, do you feel I should dismiss the other marriage all together 1854 ?

John

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 10:55 BST (UK) »
I've taken a look at those trees you mention, I wouldn't take much notice of them as George certainly did not marry another Sarah in Belgium.

A few more records of interest -

South Scarle baptisms
29 Jul 1849, Thomas, son of George & Sarah Weightman, cottager
17 Aug 1851, Tom,                         "                             , farmer
29 Jan 1854, Will,                         "                              , cottager
15 Jun 1856, Ann Sarah, dau           "                               "
31 Oct 1858, George, son              "                               "
7 Jul 1861, Emma Jane, dau            "                               "
3 Apr 1864, Betsey Mary,              "                                 "

South Scarle burials
10 Jan 1850, Thomas Weightman, of South Scarle, age 7m
19 Jan 1900, Sarah Weightman, of South Scarle, age 77

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 11:04 BST (UK) »
You beat me to it Alexander, I was also going to point out that one tree online has George and Sarah married on the 1851 census, I know this is not definite proof, but a good indicator. The couple aslo baptised a child in 1854, when the Antwerp marriage supposedly took place....
I did look for a burial of a Sarah before the 1854 deadline and there is not one.
Trust in yourself James. Dismiss the 1854 marriage.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 11:07 BST (UK) »
Baptism
S Collingham 2-6-1822
Sarah Wainwright dau of George and Ann
http://easttrentgenealogy.co.uk/parish-res/baptisms/index.php?n1=sarah&n2=wainwright&y2=&r2=0&p=0&y1=&r1=0&n3=&n4=&n5=&n6=

The online tree has her parents as James and Rebecca
1841 Your Sarah seems to be with her mother Ann- a publican- in Muskham
1841 online tree has her with father James in Ripley Derbyshire. 1851 she is with her brother in law Matthew Story in Hallam, He is a widower and she is his housekeeper.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 11:11 BST (UK) »
Brilliant, thanks to both of you..

John

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hi, you mentioned in your findings that a ANN SARAH baptised 15/6/1856, it is probably me but the census for 1861 gives an ANN aged 4yrs bn 1857, then 1871 census gives Annie D 15 yrs (which seems about right) but no Ann Sarah, do you feel it a miss spelling at time of registration or was there another daughter, sorry for picking but would like to try and get it right.. The birth year is credible , just the difference in the name ??
I am interested in your opinion.
Thanks again

John

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 11:30 BST (UK) »