Author Topic: Sidney family look up requests  (Read 1597 times)

Offline ellerydesign

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sidney family look up requests
« on: Tuesday 02 June 15 23:28 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone has access to the St Giles-in-the-field and St Anne's Soho (both in Westminster) baptism and burial records.

I'm doing a study of the Sidney Family, Earls of Leicester (of Penshurst Place, Kent) in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Philip Sidney, 5 Earl of Leicester & his wife Anne Reeve apparently had 2 children who died before the ages of 1 year and were buried (also perhaps baptised) at St Anne's Soho between their marriage in St Giles-in-the Field 17 Dec. 1700 and the Earl's death 24 July 1705. They also might have been baptised in St Giles-in-the Fields parish. Any info from the registers/records would be appreciated.

The Earl's sister Lady Catherine Sidney (born 1685) married a William Barker, esq., “of the Inner Temple”, marriage date unknown and I know nothing about William. But they had at least one child a daughter called Sidney Barker, apparently buried St Annes Soho in 1736. Any detailed info. about them from the registers would be very welcome.

Finally the 5th Earl's younger brother Colonel Thomas Sidney had 3 children by his wife Mary Reeve.
I know Mary and Elizabeth were born and baptised in St Giles-in-the-Fields in 1711 and 1713-14 respectively. However there was a son Robert who was apparently born in 1712. I think his baptism record could well be in St Giles registers also.

Any info regarding the above would be very welcome.

Many thanks, Craig
Ellery, Bye, Trimmel/Trimnell, Palmer, Tanner, Ody(e), Webb, Paradise in Wiltshire.
Ellery, Painter in Gloucestershire.
Ellery, Clift in London, Middlesex and Surrey.
Clift, Rolfe in Springfield, Essex.
Ellery, McBeth/McBeath, Towar, Morrison, Young in Stirlingshire.
Young, Cuthbert in Perthshire.
Hill, Fairweather, McKinlay, Ramsay in Caithness and Edinburgh.
McNicoll, Bogue, Coupar, Bowman, Lumgair, Weir in Arbroath and Angus.

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline abevins

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Sidney family look up requests
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 May 16 00:23 BST (UK) »
Craig,

Just joined RootsChat.

Robert's baptism was 15 Dec 1712 at Ranworth Norfolk where Thomas/Mary lived.

I am trying to find out more about him.

My wife is a Sidney so am following her line.  I am looking for a Robert born about that time in Norfolk.

Alan Bevins