Author Topic: Gareth Gough Morris  (Read 6114 times)

Offline KATYCAT60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gareth Gough Morris
« on: Saturday 06 June 15 13:07 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon. I am trying to find information on my cousin Gareth Gough Morris. born about 1927 Toronto Canada. His mother Margaret Gough left for Canada with his father Jo Morris from Llangristiolus Anglesey sometime before his birth. I don't know when or if his parents married as Jo Morris was already married. Have tried to find record of Gareth's birth to no avail. Any help appreciated. I have an address for them in 1935..1308 Queen Street . Toronto
Thanks Karen

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Gareth Gough Morris
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 June 15 13:15 BST (UK) »
HI,

Welcome to RootsChat

There are no Central registries/indexes in Canada for BMDs.  Canada has very strict privacy laws and each province imposes its own even further.  Additionally, some provinces are more research friendly than others so researching in Canada can be challenging.  Births would be protected by the 100 year rule - as a guide BMD Records are only available for births more than a 100 years ago, marriages 85 years ago (They are up to about 1929/30 at the moment) and deaths 70 years ago.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 June 15 13:18 BST (UK) »
Garth Gough Morris details posted on this thread on another forum-
www.GenesReunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1234725

As well as Canadian record restrictions we aren't allowed to post details on Rootschat of anyone who might still be living.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline KATYCAT60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 June 15 13:26 BST (UK) »
 I know Gareth has passed away many years ago.Thank you for your replies. :)

Offline LisaMeganB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 04:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

My name is Lisa Megan Morris. I also have a sister Joanne Morris. We know our fathers name was Gareth Gough Morris. We never got to meet any grandparents but we do know they came here from Wales.

Thanks,
Lisa

Offline KATYCAT60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa, Lovely to hear from you. We know very little about Megan and Joe Morris your grandparents. They left for Canada in 1927 , Megan was pregnant and her father John Gough was very strict so they left Wales. Megan died in 1948 . I believe she and Joe divorced and she remarried. My mum Menna Gough visited her in 1935. I have quite a bit on the Gough family tree if you would like any info or photo's.
Hope to hear from you.
Karen

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi LisaMeganB and Katycat60

Welcome to RootsChat

Fantastic result that you have found each other.  Lisa would need to post a couple more times and then you can use the personal message system to swop information in private.

Regards
Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline LisaMeganB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 15:58 GMT (UK) »
I am waiting for my sister to get home from work so I can call her. Do you really think that this would be the same person? It would be so wonderful to learn about family in Wales (Is that right?) My middle name and my sisters first name make it seem so real

Offline KATYCAT60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 16:33 GMT (UK) »
I have Gareth Gough Morris born 19 August 1927 Toronto Canada. Parents Margaret known as Megan Gough born 1903 Howarden, Flintshire. William Joseph Morris born 1897 Landore, Swansea. I hope we are related :) all my mum's family are deceased so there is know one to ask. I have one photo of Gareth taken when he was about 14 or 15 I think.
Karen :)