Author Topic: Gareth Gough Morris  (Read 6084 times)

Offline LisaMeganB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gareth Gough Morris
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 26 March 17 22:50 BST (UK) »
I Added Elin. I actually have 4 sisters so we are 5 girls. My mother had two more daughters after her and Gary split up. I guess that's how Megan remarried so quickly after her and Joe split up. Just 3 months and then she married Vernon E Bertrand. I have heard from (Karen) that Joe worked for the CBC. I've also been told that he was a salesman. I will definitely look into the Welsh Society. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Who would have notified your father about your grandfathers death? Its so sad. Such tangled webs. Its good to know that Joe did keep in touch with his children in Wales. Did he ever travel back? Did your Aunt get to meet him? Do you know someone Huw Rufus?

Offline SD4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 26 March 17 23:05 BST (UK) »
Huw Rufus is your 1st cousin, Auntie Glenys' son. He has a sister Menna who is supposedly named after Menna Gough. My aunt sadly never met her father. I have also heard that Joe was a salesman. So Joe and Megan did marry? Maybe my grandmother didn't want to tell us that she had divorced Joe.
You are right...it is such a sad story and nobody left to answer our questions.
Bedtime for us now in Wales. Chat soon Lisa. Goodnight...Sian

Offline LisaMeganB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 26 March 17 23:34 BST (UK) »
Goodnight Sian. It has been fun finding out little bits.

Your father was an actor? How interesting. Must have been an interesting childhood.

I don't think that Joe and Megan ever married. She was married just 3 months after Joe and her split up so she wouldn't have had time for a divorce. I wonder why you didn't meet Gary when you came here. My Dad never spoke of him in the short time I knew him. It must have been a terrible falling out. At some point I think you forgive everything. This would mean that Joe is buried here  somewhere.....know I must search  :-)