Author Topic: Northumberland and Durham FHS Look Up, please  (Read 17359 times)

Online Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Northumberland and Durham FHS Look Up, please
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 11 June 15 09:35 BST (UK) »
 I have just been looking at the great-great-great uncles' deaths on the NSW BDM index for parents names given by informants:

I1831/1894  PRINGLE ROBERT JOHN AGNES ADAMSTOWN
14308/1909  PRINGLE ADAM JOHN  NEWCASTLE

And QLD:

1951 C3637 Luke Pringle John  Ann Wanless

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 11 June 15 09:58 BST (UK) »
Australian records make me green with envy ;)

Will need to check this Agnes does not die as an infant or marry someone else, but always great to get a possible.

Online Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 11 June 15 09:59 BST (UK) »
This is the only marriage I have come up with so for a Margaret Allen and Thomas Wanless at Tweedmouth, and both of the parish of Ancroft, on 20 May 1792, married at St Bartholomew's. Witnesses: Anthony Lambert and David Allen.

Online Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 June 15 10:04 BST (UK) »
Australian records make me green with envy ;)

Will need to check this Agnes does not die as an infant or marry someone else, but always great to get a possible.

They are great in that way, but only as good as the informant :)

And you are exactly right about Agnes in Lowick and checking for burial and marriage too. I posted a reply just as it said your response had come through, too.

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 11 June 15 10:26 BST (UK) »
Have been scrabbling around to find my index of baps for Spittal Presbyterian as soon as I saw your ref to Tweedmouth.

Don't have full entries unfortunately, but the index says the baptism entry for a Wiiliam son of Thomas & Margaret Wanlass is on page 29. And one for Eleanor dau of Thomas & Margaret Wanless is on page 36. No dates sorry. No other Wanlass or variants to see.

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 11 June 15 10:36 BST (UK) »
Sorry, just realised you already have these  already as noted in an earlier post and in any case Spittal Presbyterian is included in the on-line non-con registers. The location makes sense for an Ancroft marriage.

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 11 June 15 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hmmm, the Spittal Eleanor was born in 1794, so older than the Eleanor who married Robert Donaldson. If it is the same family, this older Eleanor must have died before the other one was born. The baptism entry shows the family were in Ancroft, which is consistent with the marriage you have found.

Online Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 11 June 15 13:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you SelDen and Christine for your lookups today ;D.  I am off to bed as another 5am start tomorrow.  Much to think on. Still pondering the relationship to Wooler ??? Or is that a red herring? Appreciating your help and time.  Local knowledge is great. I've had much looking at online maps!

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 11 June 15 19:53 BST (UK) »
I agree Wooler is an important bit of info. If the family of the Agnes baptised in Lowick Presbyterian spent no time in  Wooler parish then she may not be the right one. At least needs a v careful look.

Hinds and ag labs could move every year to a new employer, so some families were very mobile. I appreciate that we are possibly looking at a father who was a blacksmith but Thomas and Margaret also moved around a bit. Worth looking at anyway.

Yes I learn so much from posts by Christine and others with first hand knowledge of the area.