Author Topic: Annie McKenzie nee Beattie d 13 Nov 2006, Ontario, Canada  (Read 3762 times)

Offline colincam

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie McKenzie nee Beattie d 13 Nov 2006, Ontario, Canada
« on: Monday 08 June 15 17:23 BST (UK) »
I believe that an Annie McKenzie nee Beattie died aged 86 on 13 Nov 2006 and that her obituary appeared in the "Hamilton Spectator" published on 16 Nov 2006. Can someone tell me where I can get a copy or a transcript of this obituary?
Thank you
colincam
Brown: Campbell: Castle: Catto: Ferguson: Forbes: Greig: Mackie: Rae: Reid: Riddel: Wallace: Wright

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Annie McKenzie nee Beattie d 13 Nov 2006, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 June 15 19:25 BST (UK) »
How about trying Hamilton Public Library  ???

http://www.hpl.ca/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline colincam

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 June 15 20:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra
I will give it a try, thanks.
Cheers
colincam
Brown: Campbell: Castle: Catto: Ferguson: Forbes: Greig: Mackie: Rae: Reid: Riddel: Wallace: Wright

Offline colincam

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have now obtained a copy of Annie's obituary from the Hamilton Public Library. She actually died on the 11th of November 2006 in London, Ontario. Unfortunately the obituary does not mention the names of her parents which I need to verify I have got the right person. Everything else fits though.
Can anyone help me by looking up her death certificate, if that is possible
Yours
colincam

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 22:17 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, full death certs are protected by privacy laws. They are currently available to the general public up to about 1939  with a new year added annually. It appears, however, that anyone can order a short form death cert but I don't know what info it would contain. Here is a link to Service Ontario which will hopefully explain things further.

http://www.ontario.ca/government/how-get-copy-ontario-death-certificate-online

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline colincam

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 July 15 09:39 BST (UK) »
That's a pity. Any other suggestions?
Regards
colincam

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 July 15 20:04 BST (UK) »
I know McKenzie is a common name and it's been a while since the passing but might there be any relies mentioned in the obit that you might be able to try tracing through the white pages at this link?

http://www.canada411.ca

Does the obit indicate which cemetery she was buried in? If so, you might try contacting the cemetery to inquire whether they might have info about her parents.

Can't think of anything else at the moment but will post again if I do.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline colincam

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 10 July 15 15:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your suggestions
The obituary indicates that Annie's ashes were interred at Eastlawn Cemetery, Hamilton so, as you suggest, I have contacted the Hamilton Cemeteries Dept but have received no reply yet.
The obituary also refers to a number of her relatives namely her husband Don MacKenzie, probably Donald; her step children including the late Donna MacKenzie (d 2006); and her grandchildren.
So it looks as though Annie had no children with Donald and that the children resulted from Donald's previous marriage. I shall look them all up in www. canada411.ca as you suggest
Regards
colincam

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 10 July 15 15:49 BST (UK) »
Glad you were able to glean some potential contacts from the obit. However, it is RootsChat policy that names of living or potentially living people not be published in the public threads so you should remove the names you have posted herein. Use the modify button at the top of the post in question.

PB