Author Topic: Who were the wives of Charles Davis, New Malden?  (Read 5852 times)

Offline ln4266

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who were the wives of Charles Davis, New Malden?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 20:11 BST (UK) »
Charles Davis must have been quite a character...! I'm not too sure if he is a direct ancestor, or just happened to be someone who would have known the origins of my Great-Grandfather...

Offline SusieM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 15 October 15 21:54 BST (UK) »
Have just read this thread. Lydia Florence Pamplin had 8 siblings, Evan Turner Pamplin is my ancestor.  Katie Ballard Pamplin born 28 July 1895 was Lydia's daughter.  Walter Goodall Pamplin born 13 November 1903 was Lydia's son, no Father on either birth certificate.  On Walter's marriage certificate he states his Father is Walter Goodall Pamplin (deaceased) a Metal Brooker.
James Davis Pamplin was baptised on 4th May 1900 the Mother is stated as Dora Pamplin in the register.
I to have Georgina Ansell Weiss nee Barrett as his 2nd wife.
My Father always referred to Charles Davis as "the copper king" and made him sound quite a character.  As Charles died in 1918 it must have been memories/ stories from his Father or Grandfather.  Would you have any photographs of them?  Would it be possible to have a copy of his will and codecils?

Offline ln4266

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 16 October 15 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've sent you a personal message. I would be interested to know more about Charles Davis and the children of Lydia. My connection is with Henry Banks Pamplin who was fostering my great grandfather in 1911.